Respected Contributor

HSN's Geoffrey Bank's 3 piece candle set TSV a few weeks ago.....

I bought this, it was actually 2 sets of 3 prelit candles with a remote for each set.  Well, today I open my Menard's flyer, there is the EXACT same 3 piece set with exact candles, exact remote control (has several color selections), for $7.99!  These obviously were not made by Geoffrey Banks.  Obviously went to some supplier and bought a bunch of them up, jacked up the price and slapped his name on it. 

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN's Geoffrey Bank's 3 piece candle set TSV a few weeks ago.....

Sounds like you paid a bit more than $7.99.  Geoffrey's things haven't ever turned me on.

Esteemed Contributor

The almost same exact scenario happened to me this past summer with QVC and a face cream.  I bought it for a little over $40.00 and later saw it on Amazon for $19.99.

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Super Contributor

If it was me and I paid a significant amount more than the $7.99, I would send back the Banks set to HSN and buy the new one you saw.  As long as it was within HSN's "Christmas returns" timeframe, they should take it back.

Respected Contributor

I have tossed the boxes already, or I would definitely return them. 

Trusted Contributor

It's the same type of thing with Valerie's items.  She is pretty much a buyer.  She may have some input in the design of some things.  But, I have seen many of her items elsewhere.  Sometimes her price is actually less, and sometimes it's more.

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal I bought 2 sets of these candles last year on clearance.  I believe I got both sets for $40.00 with the remotes.  Not long afterwards I found the same set, with the remote, etc. in the as seen on tv aisle of Walgreens.  I believe they are $20.00 a set so I paid the same.

Just fyi, the ones I have go through batteries like crazy. They do not last as long as the host and vendor said they did and I use a good, name brand battery like Duracell, not some cheapy, no-name or off brand battery.  I rarely use them because they go through batteries so quickly. I could go broke just buying the batteries. 

Honored Contributor

I have some of his candles from a few years ago, but they aren't on timers so they are a pain to use.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva - I have found that out about the batteries - one of them has already gone out after a few uses - really bums me out!  I think the quality of the items being sold online have really gone downhill!