Respected Contributor

Re: HSN’s Colleen Lopez & Adam Freeman on FB

so sweet - Colleen and Carlos -  Feb 6 1982

Related image

Honored Contributor

She had her first son a year later in March of 1983. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

During the FB show, Colleen said her first TV job was when she answered a contest ad for someone to sit-in for a day for a co-host on a small, local TV talk show in Minnesota.  She was selling real estate at the time, but thought, "why not?"  Out of hundreds of entries, she won the spot.  After that stint, they liked her so much that they made her the permanent, substitute co-host.

Years later she worked at CVN.  Then QVC took over CVN, and asked Colleen to come join them in Philadelphia.  But Colleen had two small boys, and her husband's contracting business was in Florida.  She said she was very grateful they asked her to come, but she had to turn it down. 

Now full circle.....

This is interesting because I heard Colleen do a radio interview where she talked about how she got started and her story was very different.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

During the FB show, Colleen said her first TV job was when she answered a contest ad for someone to sit-in for a day for a co-host on a small, local TV talk show in Minnesota.  She was selling real estate at the time, but thought, "why not?"  Out of hundreds of entries, she won the spot.  After that stint, they liked her so much that they made her the permanent, substitute co-host.

Years later she worked at CVN.  Then QVC took over CVN, and asked Colleen to come join them in Philadelphia.  But Colleen had two small boys, and her husband's contracting business was in Florida.  She said she was very grateful they asked her to come, but she had to turn it down. 

Now full circle.....

This is interesting because I heard Colleen do a radio interview where she talked about how she got started and her story was very different.

@Lipstickdiva  this was the first time I heard any story of her first TV job, so it was news to me.  Take a listen to the FB video, it's all there where Colleen regales Adam with this very story.

Esteemed Contributor

Am I the only one here who doesn’t care for her?

Keepin' it real.