Super Contributor

@noodleann wrote:

They've raised prices on several things I had in my cart and saved for later. This is not a happy-maker. I just had to grouse.

I knew this would happen after the merger.

Right now, HSNs Clearance items are still a deal, (unlike the Q’s which are a joke).

But not for long. Imho, everyone should scroll through the Clearance 

section and snap up anything good for BD gifts, Xmas and to have as extras.

The Q was never known for deep discounts and rapid turn over of stock, whereas HSN practically gave stuff away after 9-months/1-year.

I could find 4-5 YEARS OLD Susan Graver jacket “on Clearance” on the Q....for a few dollars off and on easy-pay.

Honored Contributor

So is Walmart.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

You can still find bargains. I  always look for sales, and I find them...I have never gotten anything from either I consider to be junk, but ,I don't shop in the lower price ranges . I have always been happy with my garments and  shoes,  they launder well and fit good

Nothing ever shrinks  nor does it fade

Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN is raising prices.

[ Edited ]

Well, this is what you get when you start having trade wars.  Prices going up up up !  A few may benefit but most of us end up paying.  

Honored Contributor

I just got 3 pr of shoes from Q and paid about $52 total. they were from Isaac. all leather and they fit good and are comfortable...The total retail was about $250. I think they are part of the warehouse clearance

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkerbell3  90% pure junk?  What have you been buying???

I have never purchased junk from QVC, not once.  I've had to return very little, for one reason or another.  But I'm very selective in what I buy, and I buy frequently. 

Le Creuset, Vitamix, Laura Geller, Bare Minerals, L'Occitane, Or Paz, Marc Fisher, Isaac Mizrahi, First Aid Beauty....

I tend to stay away from household decor items, food, or little gadgets, so I cannot attest to the general quality of those. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkerbell3 wrote:

90% of what is being sold on QVC/HSN is pure junk! 

That can't be true. They wouldn't be in business for as long as they have if that was true.

Honored Contributor

The lesson here is if you want something, buy it.  Don't let it just sit there in your cart.  I never understood why people do that.  I use my wishlist when I am thinking about something.

Respected Contributor

Noodleann

THAT'S A TRICK LEARNED FROM THE Q- I saw the same in my favorites - and wasn't even a lil bit surprised.  

Honored Contributor

Everything has gone up. My taxes, my house, my insurance, water bill, garbage bill, PG&E, my hair color, and even my CPA