Honored Contributor

HSN is At It Again With Their Tie-ins To Movies!

I don't need to rehash all of the movies HSN has managed to advertise/tie into by selling things referencing a movie.

Today it's "Murder On the Orient Express".  I can't wait until it comes out in all of the movie theatres.  I'm a big fan of Inspector Poirot.

I've often found that many or some of the items they sell as tie-in's are strange or impractical.  Some of the tie-in articles are beautiful.

Today the luggage is beautiful but I don't know how practical it is.

Respected Contributor

Re: HSN is At It Again With Their Tie-ins To Movies!

i find it fun even if i am not in line to buy.  i do want to see this movie - and the presentations kind of get me in the mood.  good promotion!

Honored Contributor

Normally when HSN does this, they reeeaaally strettcchhh the tie-in for at least half the products, which makes me WT*?? sometimes, especially with the costume jewelry pieces. 

As for the film - it’s been filmed and televised multiple times, most recently a few years ago with David Suchet as Poirot. Once you see it, or read it, you know what the twist is, so you’ll always know that, whatever version you may see in the future.

I like Kenneth Branagh very much, but I wish he’d stuck to directing this. His appearance (i.e. his makeup) as Poirot causes me to make an “ewww” face. I really wish it didn’t, but it does. 

For those who don’t know the story, they can enjoy the film on two levels. For those who do know, they can enjoy each new cast doing its thing with the story.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love it!  Their movie connections are fun and novel, why on earth would anyone complain?  If someone wants boring and mundane, there are plenty of other sites for a lackluster experience.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

BTW, I purchased two beautiful Royal Albert cups from their previous film themes, love them.

Honored Contributor

I'm enjoying the show but how glamorous could the 1930s be when the world was in a deep depression?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A lot of the glamor was the art, the architecture, the furniture, the clothes and jewelry. 

Good examples can be seen in the early Thin Man movies.  Art Deco.

Respected Contributor

I appreciate how HSN brings some fun into their sales.

Respected Contributor

Is QVC any different with their Mally "Frozen" make-up set yesterday? 

Honored Contributor

I really don't like these tie-ins at all.  I think they are foolish and most of the products are such a stretch.

I tuned in a little last night but didn't see much as once again I just thought it was silly.