Honored Contributor

Re: HSN hosts cutting off caller testimonials. And mute caller.?

HSN and Evine have been doing that for many years----I think taking calls is the most ridiculous thing anyway and now it seems that everyone has a ipad to acknowlege peope and that is so much better, at least we don't have to listen to the nonsense. I really don't care what people think about any item they have or want---really I don't !!!!

Contributor

Occasionally the calls can be very amusing. I have seen them on both the Q and HSN when the caller just will not stop. It is so funny to watch the hosts politely try to get them to end the call. Some just cannot take the hint. 

Esteemed Contributor

Some OCD callers want to tell every detail about how this product changed their life.

Some star-struck callers want to gush at the celebrity vendor.

Some ramble completely off topic, or maybe make a comparison to another brand.

A few nights ago I was flipping channels and heard some clueless caller telling Shawn how her hair looks bad, and to cut it to a short style.

Who needs it?

Get rid of the testimonial callers!!

Honored Contributor

All I can say is when they take those calls; I mute the tv.  I'm surprised they still do them.  They contribute nothing to the presentation because it's subjective blah blah blah babbling about stuff no one else cares about.  Now Evine is take those calls.  There was one recently that they should have cut off.  You could tell the caller was very elderly, like very.  It seemed like she didn't know why she was on the phone or who she was talking too.  She was saying something but it was just words, the host was confused and she didn't know what to say.  You could tell she was hoping the producer would terminate the call.  It went on for longe than it should have and finally she said  "well that's nice to hear, good bye".  That call was so bizarre that I purpose didn't mute it....I wanted to see how it would end.,,,LOL   I imagine all shopping channels  do mute the caller if the caller says something inappropriate or mentions some other retailer or bashes a host.

Contributor

Hsn has always cut the calls short. They don't let them go on and in the way qvc hosts do.

Honored Contributor

don't like those live calls. Mostly silly people and noise in the background not people I'd want as neighbors.

Honored Contributor

HSN has been abruptly cutting off calls for several years.  While some of the callers do get carried away, I find their manner of dealing with all callers to be very rude. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would not miss the calls if they disappeared.  I know if I want a product or not without those calls.  That said, I DO like reading the written reviews.

Super Contributor

@MJDinVegas wrote:

Hi, @EatWell!  In my experience, HSN has always managed the call ins better than the Q.  They get the info they need/want from the caller, then end the call.  Some callers go on and on about issues other than the product on the Q, so from my perspective, HSN keeps the calls en pointe.  I do think that many of the callers are lonely and seeking connection with somebody.

I have given testimonials but stick to the product presented.  Even when the host wanted to engage with me (testimonial about AeroPilates in January and I lived in Hawaii), I didn’t really engage in the discussion because it wasn’t relevant to the info I wanted to offer.

@MJDinVegas 

I agree. I like the way HSN manages the calls.