Honored Contributor

Not just Wondows 11 but Windows 12......Coming next year. 

Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN has new Windows 11

[ Edited ]

We each own an HP with windows 10 and both meet the requirements for the download when it becomes available for win 11.  My husband basically said, you first.  Our laptops are not identical as his is a touch screen model that he never uses - prefers a mouse as others have said too.  Over the years we have found HP to be the best design as far as the placement of keys and has a comfortable feel as we press one.  Very different from other brands where keys suddenly would either popout, become faded on top and just get a beat up look about them; also the keyboard is constructed so nothing can fall inbetween the keys.  As a result, we will always own an HP.  Never had one fail on us that needed repair.  The added feature is each of us has a 17" screen.  Apple has teeny tiny screens and we don't like that. We have ours connected to both ethernet (me) and wifi (him) and each have a backpack to transport if necessary although that has never been necessary. 

eta: we stream Evil from Paramount and would not be able to enjoy that on a teeny tiny screen. 

Trusted Contributor

Wonder what happened with their loud song of "this is it! We have achieved what we wanted. Windows 10, the end. Win10 will be the last operating system we build".

Here they are with Windows 11. Can't say they didn't see the chip shortage coming. The shortage is probably being made worse by all these products that need microchips and all the manufacturers saw the shortage coming so they bought them all up. Microsoft would not be able to launch a new operating system on new computers if they didn't stockpile chips for the past 2 or 3 years.

I have not even looked to see what Windows 11 offers that would even make me inclined to get it. I miss Windows XP, Windows 7 was fine, I use Windows 10 just like Windows 7. I am not in need of an app oriented system, desktop (or laptop). Apps for phones are needed because of screen size, but with apps you never see the entire website. If I see something on an app, I go to my desk top so I can see everything on the page. I can't imagine what they could offer to make me get Windows 11.

Microsoft makes me insane. They also promised only 2 updates a year. Spring and Fall. Well, they have done that, but now they are throwing in updates randomly. Before Window 10 you were not forced to get the updates. Now, they let you prolong it for only so long before they seize your computer and make it run sooooo slooowwww you want to throw it at the wall. It is intentional. It is so aggravating too because I do not feel they should have the ability to intrude into my computer and screech it to force an update on me.

They stopped servicing Windows 7 to force people to Windows 10. Servicing is important for security reasons, so they still have the upper hand. I will bet within 6 -8 months they will do the same with Windows 10.

I hate Microsoft, but I can't afford a $1500 (or more) Apple computer. Apple has started doing the same thing with upgrading their operating systems too. They just had the unveiling of all the new Apple products. Technology is a no win situation now.

Trusted Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Heck, I am still adjusting to Windows 10. 

Win 10 is so xxxx complicated!  I mastered the basics, nut I think I'm finished with it.  Although that Lenovo ThinkBook in that industrial matt black is mighty pretty...HSN did not show much of how Win 11 looks, works, etc.  Their electronics guy was very lax in his prsentations.  I expected to see to something new.

Honored Contributor

@ritasNo1Fan, you're so right about the tech expert hsn had on.  Pure verbage soup!  Talking a lot and saying nothing.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)