Honored Contributor

I have Windows 10.  I thought that would be the end of it.  But those creeps will have to have Windows 11......I'll guess I'll wait till Windows 15, before I buy another computer.

Respected Contributor

No more Windows for me after I'm done with this 10!

See the source image

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

After what a poster wrote yesterday about her experience with HP and them not honoring their warranty, I'd be very leery of buying their products. 

@Kachina624 - Keep in mind you only have the information the OP gave you.  Without knowing all the facts, I wouldn't write off a long-established company.  I read the first post and it doesn't actually tell me what exactly caused the problem.  (And I spent 25 years in I.T., so I'd need more information.)  Just saying the operating system failed is pretty vague.  You don't know what may or may not have been done to the computer once in the hands of the consumer.  In fact, there may be nothing wrong with the computer.  The operating system is Microsoft...ever heard of any problems with them?  Smiley Surprised

As I've said, we've had nothing but HPs for years (decades) now and we've been very happy with their reliability.

Honored Contributor

@Venezia    The thing that gives that poster credibility is that we've heard similar reports before.  It also nags at my mind that there was a connection between Mike George and HP, like he was employed there before he came to QVC.  It seems almost like a conflict of interest. 

Anyway, I wouldn't touch the HSN pc, even though it came in turquoise. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 - Well, I can only go by my own experience (and that of family and friends) so I stand by what I said.  So many times we hear things with only part of the story and these things take on a life of their own.  We all know how things like that happen.  Of the millions of HP users, what is the percentage of problems?  And again - the OS is Microsoft, not HP.

As for Mike George having once worked for HP?  I've worked for a number of companies myself!  QVC also sells Apple, Amazon and many others.  I don't think he worked for all of them, do you?

We can agree to disagree and I'll continue to buy HP.  Like the one I'm typing on right now.

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN has new Windows 11

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Venezia    The thing that gives that poster credibility is that we've heard similar reports before.  It also nags at my mind that there was a connection between Mike George and HP, like he was employed there before he came to QVC.  It seems almost like a conflict of interest. 

Anyway, I wouldn't touch the HSN pc, even though it came in turquoise. 

@Kachina624 @Venezia 

Mike George was affiliated with Dell in Austin, not HP....

QVC CEO Mike George 2018 — George has been with QVC since 2005. Prior to that he was chief marketing office at Dell (2001-05) and a director at McKinsey & Co. (1985-2001).

Anyway Id believe the OP's story because years ago I bought a computer from QVC----I started to have problems, even though it was brand new (sadly it was just past the 30 day QVC return period) I made numerous calls to Dell Support it was under Dell's warranty they said and I had 3 visits from one of their IT folks, still didint work, it was even sent back to the factory per Dell instuctions and came back even WORSE!!!!  I finally HAD IT!!! and wrote directly to Mike George saying I paid over $1,000 for this computer and I expected a new replacement that worked!!!!  Someone from QVC's Corporate Office called me and assured me that a Dell Manager would call me by 7PM that evening to arrange for a new replacement.....The guy from Dell was very rude and gave me a date that the non-working model would be picked up---guess what----DHL never came after I took a day off work to wait for them, so I had to arrange yet another day for the computer to be picked up, and I made sure I got a receipt since the Dell Manager told me in no uncertain terms if they didnt get the non-working one back I would be charged for the both the non-working one in addition to the new one they were sending and he added a very rude "GOT THAT!"  I did eventually get the previous one picked up and got a new working model----BUT NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE A COMPUTER FROM QVC----I now go to Best Buy where I get good customer service and WORKING models for all my electronic needs! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I hope it is a big improvement over Windows 10, which IMO, is the worst OS ever.  I wonder what took so long for Windows 11 to arrive.

Replacing Windows 10 with DOS would be an upgrade.

No, Vista was the worst.  The best was Windows XP.  imo

@qbetzforreal , I was going to ask if anyone remembers Vista and what a mess that was?  

Honored Contributor

@Spurt - That's what I remember:  that Mike George came to QVC from Dell.  And I remember thinking "Oh, no!"  After our experience with Dell (many, many years ago) I vowed to never own another one again and I wasn't impressed that the person, IMO, who ruined Dell was coming to QVC.

I do agree with buying electronics from a B&M retailer, who backs up their products.  Unfortunately, not everyone is in a position to do that.

Honored Contributor

I just purchased an iPad Pro last week so a new computer was the last thing on my mind, lol.  But that teal color lured me in.  I fought so long that I ended up on the extended delivery date.  But I had been consider getting a replacement low end laptop for the kitchen for at least three years, since the internal battery died.  As has been said, that Vista (Dell) was a hot mess from day one.  Brought it about seven years ago or so.  My Gatway XL computer was the best I ever had.

My computer graveyard is expanding.  Ughh.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I've only had Win10 for two years (and still have my working Win7 pc).  It'll be good for at least another ten.  Not concerned.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.