Super Contributor

HSN has changed shipping policy

HSN has had free shipping on $75+ carts for some time now and I loved it. Just found out that they have discontinued this policy.  So sorry as it was fun to shop and at that point get all items shipped free.  Knew it was to good to last. 

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN has changed shipping policy

loved the policy shipping special also. they did announce that they were doing away with the special shipping policy. it happened about a week or so ago.

i was hoping that QVC would adopt the same policy.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Wiskota wrote:

HSN has had free shipping on $75+ carts for some time now and I loved it. Just found out that they have discontinued this policy.  So sorry as it was fun to shop and at that point get all items shipped free.  Knew it was to good to last. 

@Wiskota 

Buy zero from here, but do buy on occasion from HSN, BUT! If it ain't Free S&H? I don't buy it. I have never spent $75, so this won't effect me. 

All this $75 free that I read about here, on multiple items, was confusing to those doing so. I never felt "shopping was fun". I only do it when I need something, and it has to have a function, not just look pretty.  =^..^=

hckynutjohn)🥅🏒 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Agree with the previous posters who are disappointed that the old shipping policy has returned.  I even liked the $5.95 for multiple items up to $75.  I don't order beauty products or vitamins and it seems that was a problem for a lot of buyers who were used to free shipping on those items.

Oh well, another good idea down the drain--LOL!!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, happened about 2 weeks ago, very happy to see all the brands that had free shipping before have it once again, my buying had ceased now back again in full swing. Very rare for me to spend 75 and to order more than one item at a time. Loving seeing the free shipping listed again on so many things, I am sure the vendors that  had it before are quite hapy to see it again. I am sure their sales were dropping. 

Respected Contributor

@Wiskota @sunshine45  What's funny / interesting is that so many here were complaining about itwhen it was an active offer.  The complaint was that mostly they didn't want to have to make a large purchase every time they shopped and paying 5.50 or so for shipping for one relatively inexpensive item was a reason for them not to purchase at all.  So, who knows what the right answer is.  Shipping costs are also high for companies so they have to factor it into their costs somewhere.  Maybe the hsn should have kept the 75+ free ship but lowered shipping on lesser, lightweight purchases. ?

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 

@kaydee50 wrote:

Agree with the previous posters.  I even liked the $5.95 for multiple items up to $75.  I don't order beauty products or vitamins and it seems that was a problem for a lot of buyers who were used to free shipping on those items.

Oh well, another good idea down the drain--LOL!!!

When did they have that?

Oh, are we thinking back to when they had combined shipping way back in time?  I like combined shipping / makes sense.  

Honored Contributor

@moonandthestars   This was a recent change that HSN had in effect for a couple of months.  Free shipping on orders over $75 and $5.95 on orders up to $75.  Worked for me but obviously not for many people.

They went back to the old shipping charges a couple of weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

@kaydee50 oh, I guess I missed that part about the 5.95 shipping for orders up to 75.  I thought it was 5.95 per order/item.  Yes, I see it doesn't work for some single purchases, I guess, but that actually sounds like a really good shipping policy to me.   There was also some contraversy posted by some people over at the hsn boards about that the new policy would really charge your cc shipping costs and then reconcile them a while later? maybe 2 or 3 weeks later?   It was confusing to me and I did not experiece that personally.

Honored Contributor

I liked it but I think it only worked for those of us shop often or spend serious money. The people who buy 2 or 3 items a year complained often and loudly about $5.95 for shipping.