Respected Contributor

HSN doing a show called Aetna Making Sense of Medicare tonight

This is very odd, they are not selling anything. Is anyone watching?

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: HSN doing a show called Aetna Making Sense of Medicare tonight

Not just odd but weird -- lol.

Respected Contributor

Aetna's hoping to sell Medicare supplement or advantage plans but I don't see what's in it for HSN.  People can get info from their state's Medicare advisers.  People already enrolled in Medicare get an annual booklet in Oct that has everything about it for the next year, & in the back it summarizes all the supplement/advantage plans available in their state.  This HSN program is just as goofy as when they were selling cars recently.

Honored Contributor

my spouse has Aetna/Medicare given thru his employer (retired law enforcement -NJ) I recall a telemarketer (robo) calling to advise HSN would be showcasing the Aetna/Medicare plan today.  Why? Who knows but we are FL residents.

i could be wrong but I do believe this is a infomercial for those looking into health plans and I believe at the end they will give phone info, etc.

what a large audience Aetna can reach by this airtime.  I also have insurance through another carrier and boy my mailbox everyday has been filled with Aetna information to make the switch.

Respected Contributor

Yeah, every day there's at least one piece of mail from an insurance or drug company & it continues until the open enrollment period closes.  Bombarded with kwap just as badly as prior to any kind of election.  At least I can dump it all into the paper recycling bin.

Frequent Contributor

Just called to order free information packet. Back ordered until 11/23.
Super Contributor

What next? Burial plots? Or dental implants? I guess nothing is off limits in retail. ;-)
"I always have a chair for you in the smallest parlor in the world, to wit, my heart." --Emily Dickinson
Respected Contributor

@one RN many shoes wrote:
Just called to order free information packet. Back ordered until 11/23.

@one RN many shoes did you know that you can research plans in your area by going to medicare.gov?  You can do a general search using your ZIP code or a specfic search using your Medicare #

Honored Contributor

I changed the channel but I thought I saw them selling cars!  They have two channels.  I don't watch them much anymore.

Trusted Contributor

It is an info packet specific to Aetna, a sale for them, data mining for sure. I cannot figure out what is in it for HSN, unless they got paid big bucks for access to HSN's customer data base?