Honored Contributor

I am kind of frustrated right now. I ordered a pair of embroidered slip on tennis shoes almost a week ago.  My order has been in packaging a few days, yesterday I received an email stating that the shipping has been delayed and this morning I get an email that my order has been cancelled and refunded.  I called customer service and they said they could not get the product.  What???!!! why would you sell something that is not in the warehouse, she could not answer and apologized.  I have never had this happen, have any of you?  Then I asked what colors were available and she said none.  She said they had to cancel many orders.  Customer service was very nice so I was calm and nice to her, but now I am venting lol

Honored Contributor

Considering the world situation why are you surprised?

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Respected Contributor

@sunshine 919  Google the shoes. See if they are sold at another store.

Honored Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

Considering the world situation why are you surprised?

Because they said it was in stock.  I am not complaining about shipping I am complaining that they sold a produch they did not have

Honored Contributor

@Janey2 wrote:

@sunshine 919  Google the shoes. See if they are sold at another store.

Thank I will look around locally.  I did checn Beartrap website and they not have them.  I will probably find something like them at Walmart lol

Frequent Contributor

I also ordered those slip ons but my email said they were returned and refunded. 
I called and said how can they be returned when I didn't receive them in the first place. They acknowledged they didn't have enough product. I wanted to make sure my shipping did not get deducted and it wasn't. After all this, I decided no loss.

Honored Contributor

@Hellcat64 wrote:

I also ordered those slip ons but my email said they were returned and refunded. 
I called and said how can they be returned when I didn't receive them in the first place. They acknowledged they didn't have enough product. I wanted to make sure my shipping did not get deducted and it wasn't. After all this, I decided no loss.

Mine too, that was the first questioned I asked, how can they be returned when I never got them.  This whole thing is irritating. Oh well lol  At least the ring I ordered will be delivered tomorrow.  I guess I will ask from now on is the product in stock.

Esteemed Contributor

Many companies work with "just in time delivery" models.  They order so product arrives shortly before they need it to minimize warehousing costs.  With all the shipping issues these days, it is surprising it does not happen more often.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Super Contributor

@sunshine 919  This just happened to me with JTV!  One week after placing my order for a pair of earrings (and receiving an email confirmation), I got an email stating my order had been cancelled. 

It was only after I called customer service, as to why, that I was told they had over-sold the product. Poor communication, and that is not the first time I have had issues with JTV. 

One thing I do know... it will be the last! 

Honored Contributor

@sunshine 919    I also ordered those shoes.  Just checked my account and it still shows them "packaging".  I haven't gotten an email but have been having email problems so one could have been sent. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment