Honored Contributor
I love some of Joan Boyce's items. Some are gaudy and some aren't.
"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor
Ohhh ok. I went back on there last night, I ordered from all three shopping sites (the three I know of) for Christmas but had never really used these sites before. I got the Jam bluetooth speaker for my sil because of all the great reviews. So last night I was feeling like an idiot Smiley Sad haha Thank you, I feel better now Smiley Happy
On 1/14/2015 ashleigh dupray said:

HSN filters the reviews {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} so all the 5 star are on the first pages and the 1star are last pages, but you could select low to high reviews in the small dropdown box. i gave a really bad review for a pair of cheap but expensive boots (not Joan's) but it's on the last pages. lol it got rated most helpful review.

Frequent Contributor
Ok yea ashleigh cleared that up. They just show the best reviews first, page after page of glowing reviews on two differnt things I bought that I didn't think were all that just kinda made me go huh?
On 1/14/2015 twopeas said:
On 1/14/2015 Justina rae said:

On yesterday's Clearance programming I bought a pair of Sporto boots. The reviews were overwhelmingly glowing and it did make me think for a minute that they might be padded. We'll see. I'm really looking forward to these boots being good for me.

I love Sporto boots. I sincerely doubt the reviews are padded. I've been with HSN for over 20 years and they are completely bona fide, IMO.

Honored Contributor

I highly doubt HSN does anything with the reviews.

All they do is have them set so they go from best to worst. You can change that if you wish. They certainly aren't being underhanded.

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/14/2015 LipstickDiva said:

I highly doubt HSN does anything with the reviews.

All they do is have them set so they go from best to worst. You can change that if you wish. They certainly aren't being underhanded.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} And I really can't blame them. So many reviews, IMO, are not helping the consumer at all and the item is rated poorly for something that the poster should have realized when ordering. (The shirt doesn't have long sleeves). Really? Did you see the picture or read the item description?

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein
Trusted Contributor

I read the bad reviews first, then I read the good reviews. I want to see what issues the buyers who rated an item 1,2, or 3 had with the item. If the item is clothing or shoes, I look for reviews where the buyer states if the item runs true to size, if it runs large, etc.

Trusted Contributor

JB fills a niche, and I think she is a hoot! I enjoy watching her from time to time.

Trusted Contributor

The only Joan Boyce item I've ordered was a pair of black knit pants last year. They're very nice quality, a pretty heavy knit.

Honored Contributor

I do not think HSN does anything with the reviews at all. I've seen good and bad reviews.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 1/16/2015 daisyk said:

The only Joan Boyce item I've ordered was a pair of black knit pants last year. They're very nice quality, a pretty heavy knit.

I have those pants too. I have worn them to death. They are a very substantial knit.

I forgot those are JB pants.