Frequent Contributor
I ordered a pair of house shoes because of all the rave reviews. I got them today, they're super soft and really pretty but really cheaply made. I don't expect them to last very long. I only paid $10 for them so I'll keep them but wtheck? Every review for a few pages is 5 stars and all glowing. I want to order a pair of her boots but not if they're padding reviews & doing shady stuff??? I'm new to this shopping channel stuff. What's the scoop?
Respected Contributor
I bought a pair of her slides, touted as being so soft. They felt like metal boxes!
Honored Contributor

Most of Joan's stuff is just too gaudy for me. It's sequin and sparkle overload.

Before x-mas, I ordered a pair of her slippers that matched the TS pajamas. They are decent but I'm sure not worth the money.

Respected Contributor

HSN filters the reviews {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} so all the 5 star are on the first pages and the 1star are last pages, but you could select low to high reviews in the small dropdown box. i gave a really bad review for a pair of cheap but expensive boots (not Joan's) but it's on the last pages. lol it got rated most helpful review.

Honored Contributor

It's just too cheap and gaudy looking for me.

Super Contributor

On yesterday's Clearance programming I bought a pair of Sporto boots. The reviews were overwhelmingly glowing and it did make me think for a minute that they might be padded. We'll see. I'm really looking forward to these boots being good for me.

Honored Contributor
On 1/14/2015 brii said:

It's just too cheap and gaudy looking for me.

My thoughts exactly and I felt like this Joan woman's ego was way over the top for what she is offering. I am happy for her to have a good opinion of herself and business but sometimes that horn tooting is just a little bit LOUD!

Her sunglasses would be too massive even for Jackie Kennedy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

I bought several of her PJ's that were a TSV...very soft and warm...but size up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Esteemed Contributor

I found that HSN changes item numbers and there are no reviews to read...despite the Hosts are reading them while presenting said item.....I won't purchase if they are going to be underhanded....

Esteemed Contributor
On 1/14/2015 Justina rae said:

On yesterday's Clearance programming I bought a pair of Sporto boots. The reviews were overwhelmingly glowing and it did make me think for a minute that they might be padded. We'll see. I'm really looking forward to these boots being good for me.

I love Sporto boots. I sincerely doubt the reviews are padded. I've been with HSN for over 20 years and they are completely bona fide, IMO.

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea-Robert A. Heinlein