Regular Contributor

HSN TS today Samsung Tracfone

I need to upgrade my LG and would appreciate any input on a Samsung.  It looks like a great phone and am thinking of ordering it.  

Honored Contributor

Re: HSN TS today Samsung Tracfone

I saw the email last night but am wondering ... is 64GB enough for a phone?  I have no idea what is the usual GB range for smart phones.

All I can say is my sister is very picky ... and very cheap ... and she ordered this phone.  I have no further details yet on why she made the leap.  lol  Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@twocatlou- I have that make and model.  My carrier is not Tracfone.  I like it.

It was recommended to me by another poster two years ago.

Regular Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I saw the email last night but am wondering ... is 64GB enough for a phone?  I have no idea what is the usual GB range for smart phones.

All I can say is my sister is very picky ... and very cheap ... and she ordered this phone.  I have no further details yet on why she made the leap.  lol  Woman Happy

I can add a memory card.  Thanks.

Regular Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@twocatlou- I have that make and model.  My carrier is not Tracfone.  I like it.

It was recommended to me by another poster two years ago.

I've done well with tracfone over the years and appreciate the low cost of have a cell phone.  Thanks for your input.  

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   64 GB is very good for a Tracfone. It seems like only about a few years ago they reached 32.

I've always been unclear if adding a memory card to a phone gives you more storage for apps or just things like photos. Someone here will know.

Regular Contributor

@PickyPicky3 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44   64 GB is very good for a Tracfone. It seems like only about a few years ago they reached 32.

I've always been unclear if adding a memory card to a phone gives you more storage for apps or just things like photos. Someone here will know.

it reduces phone memory consumption.  you can move apps and large files to sd card

Respected Contributor

@twocatlou    Will the app function the same as if it's stored in the original memory? Or do you have to move it back to use it? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 

My first couple of Tracfones had 8G memory. If someone is using their Tracfone as a Depository for every picture and video the look at? Think they should move them onto some type if thumb drive or other peripheral.

Don't think most that go with Tracfone are as likely to do that as those on expensive plans.

I still haven't activated my Samsung Ao3s that I bought a couple months ago. Thought my year was going to expire this month, but it is good till April. For $59.98 delivered, as long as it makes phone calls! It's good enough for me.  🙂

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)