Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN Recall: Joy Mangano "My Little Steamer"

I've owned 3 different steamers and the JM steamer drips and spritzes less than others.  But a user needs to be very, very careful.  

I bought mine years ago when they had a Buy One/Get One Free deal on HSN.  I still have one in the original box, never opened.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

I love mine and it works great.  I believe I had gotten the mini one for free with a purchase of another one of her products.   I've had it for years and use it all the time.

Esteemed Contributor

THanks for posting. I bought one of these steamers but  I don't remember if it was between 2015-2018 . HSN customer option does not go that far back on memory of purchases Guess, I'll call & they can check my serial #

Occasional Contributor

Whatever happened to Joy ?  

Respected Contributor

I never iron and have used this steamer for years.  I have never been burned but I've learned you have to use it upright (don't tilt).  It does occasionally spit a little on what I am steaming but not on me and it's still the best I've found at this price point (I had another one from Rowenta, I think, that I returned to QVC). 

FYI, I did see this in an article online:

Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled clothing steamers and contact HSN for information about how to receive a full refund for units purchased from January 2018 to December 2020, a partial refund for units purchased from January 2015 to December 2017, or a voucher for units purchased before January 2015.

Trusted Contributor

I love this steamer and as others have said, I’ve learned how to hold it and it’s not a problem. 

When my daughter got married a few years ago the dress shop wanted to charge a LOT of money to steam her dress. We brought it home, hung it up high and steamed it ourselves. 

Esteemed Contributor

Are her steamers still around? Weren't they recall many, many years ago or were they another product of hers?

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

I've known about them dribbling and spitting scalding water for at least 15 years and wondered how they got away with selling them.  However, I've learned how to handle the thing (very carefully) so will continue to use it.  There is nothing with which to replace it. 

@Kachina624 

I have a full size Jiffy steamer which I highly recommend, although I realize that it's not practical if one lives in an apartment.  But if you do have the space, it's worth the $.  I've had one for years and couldn't do without it.  Years ago, my DS & DIL stayed with us and used the steamer - when they went back home they bought one for themselves.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett