Respected Contributor

Re: HSN RETURN AND DISBELIEF OF COST TO THE CONSUMER

@MILKI, I understand you being upset with not getting a return label. I think the number of returns made are minuscule so I can understand companies doing away with them.

Have you contacted HSN by phone or chat and ask them to mail you a return label, or are you able to print one? Their cost to you for the return may be far less than anything found at UPS, USPS, or Fed Ex. What did you pay to have it shipped to you? $10.95? That may be their cost for you to ship to return. Its unclear to me if you asked that. It's worth exploring.

Unless a company clearly states that they'll cover the shipping for returns then a customer should expect to pay it. And more and more companies are starting to tack on a return "fee" similar to restocking fees found at B&M retailers.

Respected Contributor

sorry that happened but can you find a use for this cookware? this is heavy cookware. can't imagine an elderly person would want to use heavy pots. i have them and use them but DH helps hoist them off the shelf. as for washing these pots after use i do it myself all the while swearing under my breath. a lot of stuff HSN sells need to go directly back to the vendor. the last 2 tracfones i ordered were return on your own. many shoes are return to vendor. Christy Brinkley skin care was return on your own. the customer should ask, because they don't alert you. It's too bad and i suspect it's Qurate policy because the TF's could always be returned no problem. HSN always used to make returns easy.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@MILKI

if i were you, i would ask to speak with a supervisor regarding this return.

@sunshine45@MILKI- that's not a bad idea. It sounds as if MILKI has already returned the item.

But HSN might issue a partial refund in the form of Spendable Kash. It never hurts to try!

Contributor

I feel Shop HQ is way out of line. S&H for a watch, jewelry or just about any merchandise, is: $10.00 for sheets, $15.00 for a $200.00 watch and $8.00 for protein powder. UPS for the Q and HSN is approx $8.95. I prefer UPS, tracking and delivery for returns you can't beat. My advice, like a few on this forum, is to call again and speak to an agent at HSN and they might refund you at least maybe half of your return fee. Sorry for us all in the returning process. Almost not worth our time.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you, EVERYONE, for all of your much appreciated comments and suggestions. I did call HSN from the mailbox store when the cookpiece was initally weighed and I was given the price to send it Fed Ex at $60 plus dollars or UPS was $94.00. I was told then that because the piece was being sent back to the manufacturer and not to HSN , that the manufacturer would not cover the cost. So maybe there in lies the problem so to speak, since i was purchasing it from HSN, and I was returning it, I assumed it was being sent back to HSN, but it wasnt, according to customer service. So, I did go through with the transaction, and sent it back to the Staub manufacturer. Lesson learned!! Thank you all again... tomorrow is another day and I just may take some of the advice you all offered and call HSN again or call or email the company that makes Staub. Happy Holidays everyone, please be safe and enjoy your family and friends. MJ

Honored Contributor

MILKI, just curious, how much did the pot weigh?

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44I just looked at Staub's website and it showed weights ranging from 12 to 23 pounds...for each piece.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Frequent Contributor

It’s a 10 in cast iron pan with lid, weighs 7.34 pounds accordingly to the manufacturer’s ( not HSN) web site
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Even if a return label wasn't included with your order, you can print them from the HSN site. You have the option of going UPS or USPS, prepaid (which gets deducted from your refund) or paying yourself when you drop it off. You'd probably do better on the prepaid, as amount that will be deducted is stated on the label.

Respected Contributor

@MILKIwrote:
It’s a 10 in cast iron pan with lid, weighs 7.34 pounds accordingly to the manufacturer’s ( not HSN) web site

According to USPS website, a 9 pound package costs about $15 to send cross country.