Honored Contributor

Re: HSN RETURN AND DISBELIEF OF COST TO THE CONSUMER

Okay, I have to chime in here.

Years ago, I ordered Tracfones from HSN instead of QVC. Even though they said they would work in this area, they didn't. There was no return label (included or available to be printed).

When I contacted CS, I was told exactly what the OP was: sorry, you have to return them on your own dime. USPS would not take them because of the batteries. I had to send them UPS at a cost of nearly $16. HSN would not refund the return shipping, even though the phones were not as represented. I will never order phones from them again.

As for heavy things, the USPS is no longer cost-friendly. I've just had to mail something that wouldn't fit in a flat-rate box and the cost was high. The days of relatively inexpensive returns are over. Someone pays somewhere along the line.

QVC is doing its customers a favor, with what it charges, as impossible as that may seem to be. (People forget they always include insurance.)

Honored Contributor

@MILKI- It's an expensive lesson learned. In future, if you're able, order things like this from other retailers who offer free returns or returns to a store.

I hope you kept the item and will get some use out of it, rather than lose all that money on shipping.

Happy holidays to you, too, despite that nasty shock.

Trusted Contributor

High prices/shipping delays/shipping and return shipping costs/poor CS. Not the HSN & QVC shopping experience I began with in 1990. Sadly, their time has come and gone.

Frequent Contributor

On the occasion I have to return items. I put more than one order with that one return label. I send an email to the qvcreturns email address letting them know I am returning multiple items in the return package and only have to pay the one return charge. In the email you just have write all the information of what is being returned and you'll get your refund minus the cost of return label.

Honored Contributor

That's the downside of online shopping - returns are inconvenient at best and expensive at worst. Of course, there are a few sites with physical locations where returns can be made.

Honored Contributor

I prefer HSN over QVC and have had a HSN card for several years now. With the card I get I believe 6 free returns a year, so far in 2022 I've returned one item and the return didn't cost me a thing.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

@JaneMarplewrote:

I prefer HSN over QVC and have had a HSN card for several years now. With the card I get I believe 6 free returns a year, so far in 2022 I've returned one item and the return didn't cost me a thing.

-

@JaneMarple

i am pretty sure that HSN no longer offers free returns for cardholders.

any regular returns i have made i have been charged for.

i dont see anything mentioning it on the website either?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45wrote:

@JaneMarplewrote:

-

@JaneMarple

i am pretty sure that HSN no longer offers free returns for cardholders.

any regular returns i have made i have been charged for.

i dont see anything mentioning it on the website either?

Perhaps because I have VIP status that I get this option. I haven't payed for a return in quite some time.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

I am sorry for your mistake of purchasing a gift for an older person that didn't work. As you age, I think the heavy pots and pans become too much to handle. They are beautiful but not practical. I always look for light weight pans that works for me..Can you just keep the pan for yourself and get her something else. It is hard to buy for people, I always give gift cards so they can buy what they want. It saves alot of hassle around the holidays.

Hopefully, you can get a resolution that suits your needs.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, Staub is similar as Le Creuset, are heavy cast iron cookpieces, and my Nonna wanted one for Christmas. I tried to convince her to get Le Creuset, but because Staub was a TSV on HSN, she asked me to get the Staub. I do not argue with my 78 yr old grandmother and appreciative of all the meals she has cooked for me over the many years and she desires it. I had bought a nice dutch oven from OVC made by Le Creuset and had no diffiuclty what so ever in returning it because it was to big for my small apartment oven. The Staub piece cost over $180.00 with tax and all . Yes, I have a printer, actually two of them.. there was only the label that had the return address for the piece to be sent to, no other labels to print for any return. HSN lable was there but only a label to complete as to why the product was being returned and to be placed into the box before being shipped. I have had things broken thru USPS and did not want to take the chance with the Staub piece. I will get my 180.00 back, that isnt the concern. The concern, as unlike OVC, I had to pay nearly $65.00 to return it and for that there will be no reimbursement. Hope this answers your questions in regards to your question about printing a label!! MJ