Trusted Contributor

Re: HSN Little Steamer Class Action Settlement

@Kachina624 wrote:

Having and being able to use the steamer is worth more to me than $8.  I long ago adjusted to its idiosyncrasies and know how to safely use it. 

@Kachina624 

Same here. I have one and also gave one to my daughter-in-law. We both use it and like it. Not going to cut the cord and take a picture of it. 

Respected Contributor

I, too, didn't bother as I no longer had the receipt. Oh well

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Esteemed Contributor

I received the $8 voucher, too.  Guess it is sort of a win for HSN since in order to use it, they will get more money out of us.  Gonna look at this more like free shipping.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

I threw mine away years ago.  I refused to get used to something that burned me twice.  

Trusted Contributor

I didn't bother filling mine out.  They wanted a picture of it.  I threw it out because it wasn't working, so why would I keep it.  My daughter had one also and threw hers out too.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

How much were you expecting?

The settlement amounts were shown to the public before you joined the class act settlement, so you knew ahead of time what you were going to receive.

96181AF2-AE5E-4EC4-8538-44FC18C009B7.jpeg

@Carmie 

Thanks for this information.  I'm sure I received it but didn't bother to read it.  I did submit proof of purchase so should have received a cash award, not the HSN voucher I received.

Oh well....

Honored Contributor

I still have mine, I still use it occasionally.  

Esteemed Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

Today I received an email with a voucher # for $8.00 for 1 My Little Steamer, to be used on HSN.  How very generous.....NOT!

Well, if you don't want the $8 give it to me then. I'll be more than happy to take that money off of your hands.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Super Contributor

I once received a check for $1 as payment in a class action settlement related to dividends with an insurance company. I didn't know about the lawsuit. I didn't know I was part of it. I probably got a letter in the mail which I shredded thinking it was a scam. I read up on the lawsuit and saw it was legit so I cashed the check. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I found the criteria to be a part of the class action suit unreasonable.  Cut the cord and upload a picture of it to prove you are not using the steamer.  We did not comply and therefore forfeited our chance at a windfall settlement.  Cat Tongue