Respected Contributor

Re: HSN Little Steamer Class Action Settlement

@Teddie wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

Having and being able to use the steamer is worth more to me than $8.  I long ago adjusted to its idiosyncrasies and know how to safely use it. 

@Kachina624 

Same here. I have one and also gave one to my daughter-in-law. We both use it and like it. Not going to cut the cord and take a picture of it. 

Same here!  I have the full size and 2 minis and I'll never stop using them.  One of my best home shopping purchases ever.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

That is generous for the class action. I threw Joy's steamers out many years ago when they stopped working or would spit out water that burned me. I had one that sparked. I moved on to other reliable steamers. I stupidly gave away the original one I had to a family member. It's still going strong. Lol

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't bother either.  I still have and use mine with no issues.

Honored Contributor

I forgot to apply, guess it didn't matter much.

Honored Contributor

@lulu1 , you could add money to it and buy yourself something to drink at an ND game!  LOL

I rec'd the info about the My Little Piece of Junk class action but I had returned that to HSN and gotten a full refund.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@lulu1 , you could add money to it and buy yourself something to drink at an ND game!  LOL

I rec'd the info about the My Little Piece of Junk class action but I had returned that to HSN and gotten a full refund.

Ha-ha.  I do not drink in the stadium.  I drink my own Irish Cream, before and after I enter/exit the stadium.

As for that steamer thing....I steam clothes often.  My travel steamer was dying so I thought I'd give MLS a shot when it was a TS. I tried it once and burned myself.  I thought it was just me so put it away and never used it again.  It was still in it's orginal box with invoice when the class action came about.  I should have returned it, just never did.

Regular Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

You never get a fortune on class action lawsuits.  They make the attorneys rich. 

True.

Esteemed Contributor

Just received my $16 settlement voucher for the set I purchased. 

Not too bad considering I used it once and paid $24.99 for the duo when it was on some sort of reduced pricing.

Honored Contributor

i had no need to claim this and destroy my steamers.

ours are all still working well and being used daily......and i would definitely purchase them again. i think my oldest one is probably about 15 years old.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 

This last weekend we had a wedding and had dresses that couldn’t be ironed—wouldn’t have wanted to anyway. The steamer worked beautifully and was quick. Haven’t had any hot water spilling out issues but sorry for those who have.