Respected Contributor

HSN Defers CC payment for TX, FL & PR Customers

[ Edited ]

Called c/s to inquire as to why my monthly statement shows "0.00" due in October.  The c/s rep told me that HSN is deferring payments due for a month for those hit by the hurricanes in TX, FL and, of course, PR.  No interest, late charges or late payments will show on credit reports.

What a noble thing to do.  Fortunately, our family  is in North Central Texas and we didn't get hit.  I will send in my payment though.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN Defers CC payment for TX, FL & PR Customers

WOW!  That's a 'stand up' thing to do!  It shows HSN values and cares for their customers.

Hope others follow suit...

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Most of us live paycheck to paycheck so that will help while people put their life back together. Imagine trying to pay all your bills after losing your job, home & everything you own in some cases & then because you can't, your credit rating is destroyed too. Thanks for sharing that pompom & I hope other CC & loan companies are doing it too...the people caught up in these diasters deserve financial relief.

Respected Contributor

That's a great thing for HSN to do.  I applaud them and hope other companies will follow.

Laura loves cats!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like that when I return something to HSN I usually get Spendable Cash - this last time was $5 credit on my next purchase and I thin I have until December 31, 2017 to use it.  Doesn't make the return as painful!  Plus you get a choice between UPS and USPS.  I gave it to the UPS driver on Monday and it has already been received in TN and my account has been credited!  I live in PA so that was incredibly fast.  On the other hand, the USPS return to QVC is still sitting at the post office waiting to be picked up.

That is a great thing for HSN to do.  As someone else said I hope other companies do the same.  I feel so bad for all of those people.

Regular Contributor

Corporations are indeed run by people.  Kudos to HSN for showing compassion to disaster victims in need.

Honored Contributor

So many corporations do wonderful things we seldom hear about.  This one I especially like and especially for PR where the suffering is so widespread and so intense.  Seems from the news as if very few in PR escaped major impact.

QVC Customer Care