Honored Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

I have an HSN CC and there are easy pays on it.  I always pay my bill in full as soon as it it posted ( I get an e-mail) so my bill is paid before the paper bill arrives.

i just looked at my July and August statements on line.  I was charged zero interest.  I have also paid zero interest for 2017.

Honored Contributor

Well, I just took care of it...I went and changed all my Flexpays to be billed on another card not HSN's cards. Hope I don't have to worry about it now.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I have an HSN CC and there are easy pays on it.  I always pay my bill in full as soon as it it posted ( I get an e-mail) so my bill is paid before the paper bill arrives.

i just looked at my July and August statements on line.  I was charged zero interest.  I have also paid zero interest for 2017.

@Carmie

I can only tell you what I was told by the bank's customer service rep:  as I was convenced it was a processing error, I was shocked to find out this new practice that only went into effect in July. Can't understand why paying online would make a differnce, unless it's a glitch in the bank's system since it's a relatively new practice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie

Oh, forgot to mention, I also pay thru my bank's website.  All payments are done electronically.  

I cancelled my HSN card but perhaps you could update us in case there's a way to get around Comenity's new policy.  I just prefer not to do business with such a despicable bank.

Esteemed Contributor

I don't have their MasterCard. Just have HSN credit card and pay in full each month. I have never received an interest charge. Maybe this only pertains to MasterCard. I looked at my statement for this month and no interest has ever been charged.

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie

I can only tell you what I was told by the bank's customer service rep:  as I was convenced it was a processing error, I was shocked to find out this new practice that only went into effect in July. Can't understand why paying online would make a differnce, unless it's a glitch in the bank's system since it's a relatively new practice.

I pay my CC bill right on the HSN website by transferring funds from my bank.  It's not automatic.  I only have their CC for their merchandise, not the MasterCard.

if I was charged interest on future postings, I would not tolerate it.  That can't possible be legal.  How can they charge you for something that hasn't been posted to your cc account yet? 

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

I don't have their MasterCard. Just have HSN credit card and pay in full each month. I have never received an interest charge. Maybe this only pertains to MasterCard. I looked at my statement for this month and no interest has ever been charged.

@elated. I had their Mastercard so it probably doesn't affect you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@eddyandme wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie

I pay my CC bill right on the HSN website by transferring funds from my bank.  It's not automatic.  I only have their CC for their merchandise, not the MasterCard.

if I was charged interest on future postings, I would not tolerate it.  That can't possible be legal.  How can they charge you for something that hasn't been posted to your cc account yet? 

@CarmieI was speaking in regard to the Mastercard whichis thru Comenity Bank. I also questioned how could charging interest on something not billed on statement yet and was told the bank notified cardholders of this new policy a few months ago and that it would go into effect in July. Guess credit card companies can get away with anything nowadays as long as they post notice.Woman Mad 

Esteemed Contributor

On the HSN credit   card they're charging interest on future easy pays  - it's unethical to charge interest on goods and services that were not yet invoiced.  I pay my statement balance in full each month and was charged almost $13 interest for July & August! Woman Embarassed I just  changed my credit card on file and sent an email to HSN corporate about this.  It's really making me question doing business with them- this is so unethical. And sneaky!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

On the HSN credit   card they're charging interest on future easy pays  - it's unethical to charge interest on goods and services that were not yet invoiced.  I pay my statement balance in full each month and was charged almost $13 interest for July & August! Woman Embarassed I just  changed my credit card on file and sent an email to HSN corporate about this.  It's really making me question doing business with them- this is so unethical. And sneaky!

@Ibby114

Are you referring to the HSN-Mastercard - that's what I had - but just realized from other posters that HSN has a regular card, not a Mastercard with Comenity. From what has been mentioned here, it seems this practice is not happening with the HSN "store" card. I'm nt sure if HSN was aware of Comenity Bank's new practice 'cause the HSN rep I spoke with yesterday was totally unaware so was definitely forward to management.