Frequent Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

[ Edited ]

@Nightowlz, that's a great move because then you will know for sure. I'll be watching for your update, but Goldenlocks experience is a real eye opener.

P.S.  I had planned to be rid of Comenity a few months back because I HATED their confirmation code to confirm my access to my account (I understood it, but I hated it).   This whole nightmare about their changes gave me the incentive I needed to move on.

Respected Contributor

I think  over all the total interest would be the same as if you purchased it in one single payment but that defeats 1/2 the pourpose of  splitting billing over time. 

Respected Contributor

I dont get this at all.  I have two Comenity Merchant cards, JJill and HSN.  Pay balance in full every month,  No interest charges,  Just like on my VISA issued by BofA.

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

I dont get this at all.  I have two Comenity Merchant cards, JJill and HSN.  Pay balance in full every month,  No interest charges,  Just like on my VISA issued by BofA.

@Shawnie Same with my HSN card plus others I have. Sounds too me they must have had an outstanding balance of some sort when they thought it was paid in full so they were charged interest. 

Respected Contributor

I just received my latest HSN bill, on it there is not interest charges whatsoever.  I recently made a purchase and I used the Flex Pay plan with two flex pays.  The amount of the purchase was $106.19 with two flex pays of $56.24 for the first and $49.95 for the second.  It says on my bill to pay the new balance, send in $56.24 by 6 pm on 9/10/17.  There is a minimum payment of $27.00 that I can also chooseto pay.  I'm sure if I just pay the $27.00 minimu pay, I'll pay interest.    I always pay the new balance amount by the due date and I have never been charged any interest.  There is no interest charges on my account, I checked by 3 months as I use their Flex Pay all the time.  I have never been charged any interest.  I always pay the "new balance" not the minimum payment amount.  Maybe that's what confusing people.  I did have some previous Flex Pays that I just finished, and again, always paying the "new balance" not the minimum payment due and I've never had any interest charges on the account.  I'm 62 years old and have never, ever paid a late fee or an interest fee on any credit card.  I use credit cards as a convenience only and only charge what I can pay on without paying any interest, like Flex Pay.

Valued Contributor

Same here. I checked today and no interest. I always pay in full and on time. I don't understand all the hubbub either.
Respected Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
Same here. I checked today and no interest. I always pay in full and on time. I don't understand all the hubbub either.

I think people are getting confused with "new balance" with "minimum payment",  I've always paid the "new balance", not the "minimum payment" and I've never paid any interest.

Valued Contributor

Of course, that makes sense, but that is not what they are saying on HSN boards.
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:

I think people are getting confused with "new balance" with "minimum payment",  I've always paid the "new balance", not the "minimum payment" and I've never paid any interest.

@Hayfield Of course you will pay interest if you only pay the minimum payment due. You have to pay the balance in full on your statement each month to avoid interest. Surely that's confusing people?

Esteemed Contributor

@Shawnie@Nightowlz@AngelLove2@Hayfield@kcladyz

Hi, ladies!  Have to tell you I, too, always pay my bill in full every month; thus should result in a zero balance.  However, if a fp hits your account (which it did mine) after the invoiced amount, i.e., total amount of your monthly billing, you will get charged interest on the fp which will be included in your next invoiced billing. The amount of interest charged to date will be on the reverse side of the statement.  This went into effect in July. You can refer back to the beginning of this thread (page3?) and there is a copy of this change to read.