Respected Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

[ Edited ]

@garmer wrote:

An HSN mod just acknowledged "recent changes with Comenty Capital Bank".

Good job to those who persisted.

@garmer  - What are they saying about it? Sad they didn't know, and the QVC crowd had to inform them!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

I just called HSN again and they are supposed to have someone higher up in the company call me, BUT it could take 8 days!!!  The CS rep at HSN said she didn't know anything about this.  I told her lots of people are talking about it on the QVC forum and directed her to the forum on HSN's forum and they could read all about it. 

For those who were charged interest, after paying their balance due in full and on time, let HSN know .  I told them that if Comenity changed the FP policy and is adding interest to future unposted FlexPays, HSN hasn't made this clear on the air concerning FP and using the HSN card.  Even if Comenity is giving us incorrect information, HSN still needs to know about this. 

I feel for  customers who carry a balance and are accustomed to seeing some finance charges each month - how would they even suspect  there's an excess of finance charges?

@Ibby114  -  I do too, they may be betting that some won't even notice, that it will just get paid.  How do they ever get out from under that?  I bet a lot of their customers, as well as QVC's, are on fixed incomes and they use the FlexPay for budgeting purposes, yet still pay their balances every month.  I don't believe this is a fair practice, interest free FlexPays have been the fiber of their business for I don't even know how long.  People are going to be upset.  I read (can't remember it it's on the HSN forum), but someone posted this information on the HSN and Comenity website.  Curious what the fallout is going to be.  Hope QVC and Synchrony doesn't start this!

I'll be watching QVC and Synchrony very carefully now !! Woman Frustrated

@IlliniGirl88I posted this information on HSN's facebook page- Comenity's as well- just so shoppers who aren't on these boards are provided the updates. Because HSN and Comenity certainly aren't being forthright!! Woman Indifferent

Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@garmer wrote:

@garmer  - What are they saying about it? Sad they didn't know, and the QVC crowd had to inform them!

@IlliniGirl88@garmerthey didn't say much! Woman Frustrated Just that it was being referred to Management. Which basically means is going no where fast.

The FCC does comes through- they're just not speedy. When my complaint gets processed they'll take notice!

Valued Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@garmer wrote:

She just said she would forward the people's concern about it to management. Previously the mod just denied it was even happening.

Honored Contributor

I hope Comenity realizes the repercussions of this devious action. It's going to leave a  lot of bad taste in many peoples' mouths, mine included. There's nothing worse than trying to regain customer confidence and trust after something like this.

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

I hope Comenity realizes the repercussions of this devious action. It's going to leave a  lot of bad taste in many peoples' mouths, mine included. There's nothing worse than trying to regain customer confidence and trust after something like this.

@SilleeMee  -  I don't buy a lot from them, but refuse to buy anything from them anymore.  I presume this is going to be a real problem for Comenity and HSN, and it's going to really mess up some household budgets, I guess they don't care. 

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

I use the flex pay now and then and have never been charged interest as long as I pay in full and on time.  

@brandiwine wrote:

I use the flex pay now and then and have never been charged interest as long as I pay in full and on time.  

This new 'thing' is effective with the July billing. 

I'm looking at my July billing right now and no interest charges.

@brandiwineDo you have any active flex pays? Check the 'flex pay manager' on line.

So far no charges.

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@brandiwineDo you have any active flex pays? Check the 'flex pay manager' on line.

So far no charges.

It's flex pays that incur these questionable interest charges. 

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

@brandiwine wrote:

So far no charges.

It's flex pays that incur these questionable interest charges. 

Yes, I'm smart enough to understand that.  I have a flexpay and again NO CHARGES.

Trusted Contributor

Sure seems that HSN knows exactly what is going with Comenity.... Covering bases with last bolded comment... on their explanation of flex pay on HSN website. 

WHAT IS FLEXPAY?

Why pay full price now? Make low monthly debit or credit card payments and it can be yours today with no fees and no waiting. It's WAY better than layaway.

At checkout, choose the FlexPay option, and the cost of your purchase is divided into as many as five equal monthly payments.

We will bill your credit card for the first monthly installment plus tax and shipping. The balance is then automatically billed to your credit card in equal monthly installments beginning 30 days after the original order date.

FlexPay orders may be subject to credit verification by HSN and we may review the credit report. You may contact our HSN Credit Department to see if a credit report was requested and the name and address of the credit reporting agency that conducted the report (if applicable).

*HSN does not assess interest charges or fees on FlexPay. However use of a credit card for FlexPay options may result in interest charges in accordance with the normal terms and conditions of your individual credit card agreements.