Honored Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

@Nightowlz wrote:

My Sept statement is now available. No interest on this bill either. I have not been charged any interest since the day I opened the account. 

I do use their flexpay.

Anyone else still being charged interest or Not???????

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

My Sept statement is now available. No interest on this bill either. I have not been charged any interest since the day I opened the account. 

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

@sunshine45 I don't understand how it happened to some? Does not make sense.

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

All states are regulated differently, so customers in some states could be getting these charges while customers in other states are not.

Respected Contributor

From what i can determine, this issue arises when you use flex pays and only make the minimum payment.  See this final page of my bill.  If you look at the balance computation method it will also clarify.  If you pay more than the minimum but less than what is rolling forward on your flex pays you will need to check at the computation method to see whether interest is accrued.  At any rate this is not an issue for Flex Pay customers that pay their full balance each month.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

Honored Contributor

@Shawnie wrote:

From what i can determine, this issue arises when you use flex pays and only make the minimum payment.  See this final page of my bill.  If you look at the balance computation method it will also clarify.  If you pay more than the minimum but less than what is rolling forward on your flex pays you will need to check at the computation method to see whether interest is accrued.  At any rate this is not an issue for Flex Pay customers that pay their full balance each month.  

FullSizeRender.jpg

@Shawnie I don't remember seeing this on any of my statements. I do use flexpay sometimes but I also pay my balance in full each month. No way am I paying that high interest.

Esteemed Contributor

I paid the full  statement balance each month- which included all current flex charges-  and I had interest on my bills. Comenity Bank explained to me that future flex charges incur interest- even though they don't appear on the bill yet.  And when they are posted to your account -  there's the interest! Comenity also  claimed this is the 'future' for all credit cards.

Interesting becasue hsn said this was the banks doing- and the bank said it was hsn's doing. I filed a complaint to the FCC about hsn- and hsn repsonded!! So it's was defintiely a joint decision.

I don't have interest now because all purchases were either returned-and/or I only use my Discover card! But my hsn purchases are next to nothing - every purchase I consider brings me back to this situation ...

Respected Contributor

I just checked my bill that I paid and I have several flex pays and there's no interest charged.  I pay my bill in full also.  Wonder if it's just geographic who knows.  So far so good  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

All states are regulated differently, so customers in some states could be getting these charges while customers in other states are not.

This is a very real possibility. I considered paying the full balance each month vs the statement balance to avoid the interest- but this might not avert all the interest accumulating 'behind the scenes' on flex payments.  The safest thing is to not have flex payments and pay the bill in full. Or use another credit card altogether- one with better $$ rewards!

Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

Ditto!

Respected Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Nightowlz wrote:

I do use their flexpay.

@Nightowlz

none for me either.

Ditto!

None for me!