Honored Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

@Bestdressed wrote:
 Sure seems that HSN knows exactly what is going with Comenity.... Covering bases with last bolded comment... on their explanation of flex pay on HSN website. 

WHAT IS FLEXPAY?

Why pay full price now? Make low monthly debit or credit card payments and it can be yours today with no fees and no waiting. It's WAY better than layaway.

At checkout, choose the FlexPay option, and the cost of your purchase is divided into as many as five equal monthly payments.

We will bill your credit card for the first monthly installment plus tax and shipping. The balance is then automatically billed to your credit card in equal monthly installments beginning 30 days after the original order date.

FlexPay orders may be subject to credit verification by HSN and we may review the credit report. You may contact our HSN Credit Department to see if a credit report was requested and the name and address of the credit reporting agency that conducted the report (if applicable).

*HSN does not assess interest charges or fees on FlexPay. However use of a credit card for FlexPay options may result in interest charges in accordance with the normal terms and conditions of your individual credit card agreements.

Yep, I read that this morning. Sneaky sneaky sneaky. Pathetic, actually, on HSN's part. Wow.

Something else that's odd: HSN can NOT post Comenity's toll free number. Wonder why?

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam

Yep, you're right. @SahmIam. HSN must have cut a new deal with Comenity, hoping us peons would not notice! Now it seems they're absolving themselves from the deal and trying to "protect" Comenity at the same time.Woman Mad

Wish I had the Comenity c/s #, but tossed out after I cancelled the card. I really don't think they'll do anything.  Actually, feel sorry for their poor c/s reps as they getting all the blowback! Naturally, the POB don't have to deal with the havoc they wreaked.Woman Frustrated

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme  You know, I wonder if this was just one of the reasons that Mindy left...wonder if she was part of the team that implemented it....wonder about a LOT of things with her leaving........

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@eddyandme  You know, I wonder if this was just one of the reasons that Mindy left...wonder if she was part of the team that implemented it....wonder about a LOT of things with her leaving........

Could be the reason why she decided to leave, i.e., she probably did not approve of this and got out-voted. I say this 'cause it seems she really took that shopping channel so far; I feel that their quality and customer service greatly improved under her direction.  Whomever implemented this plan certainly doesn't understand their customers for one; and, with today's market being so much more competitive, HSN should well spiral downward out of control, if not for th pending takover by QVC.

Very unethical on the shopping channel and bank POB. I'm angry that I got charged interest.  However, I'm truly sorry for all those customers carrying balances which will now spiral out of control. This sneaky practice should be illegal and the bank should be forced to provide compensation to all cardholders, just mo.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

Could be the reason why she decided to leave, i.e., she probably did not approve of this and got out-voted. I say this 'cause it seems she really took that shopping channel so far; I feel that their quality and customer service greatly improved under her direction.  Whomever implemented this plan certainly doesn't understand their customers for one; and, with today's market being so much more competitive, HSN should well spiral downward out of control, if not for th pending takover by QVC.

Very unethical on the shopping channel and bank POB. I'm angry that I got charged interest.  However, I'm truly sorry for all those customers carrying balances which will now spiral out of control. This sneaky practice should be illegal and the bank should be forced to provide compensation to all cardholders, just mo.

@SahmIam- sorry, forgot to addr this to you - duh! Must be having a senior moment - but I'm too young!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme The BIGGEST problem is that UNLESS every single card holder reads either THIS thread or the ones at HSN, they'll never know. The number of replies is very small and I'm surprised. You know that THOUSANDS of people have/use an HSN card; then again, maybe VERY FEW pay off the balance so...

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

@eddyandme The BIGGEST problem is that UNLESS every single card holder reads either THIS thread or the ones at HSN, they'll never know. The number of replies is very small and I'm surprised. You know that THOUSANDS of people have/use an HSN card; then again, maybe VERY FEW pay off the balance so...

Exactly, @SahmIam. That's why I feel so badly about this. There seems to be no way most people - those who don't pay off their balances - are going to realize it!  Things are hard on a lot of people in this economy. I'm sure people would pay in full if they could. That's why the POBs decided this would increase their net profits. IMHO it's as despicable as a ponzy(sp?) scheme! I love Perlier and Andrew Lessman protein shakes - usually what I purchase there. However, don't know if I'll continue to do so. It's just wrong, criminal behavior, imho!

Trusted Contributor

I have a HSN card with flex-pay's  I use flex-pay to buy my AL products. Pay the balance every month.

So far I have not been charged interest.

Esteemed Contributor

@arrabella wrote:

I have a HSN card with flex-pay's  I use flex-pay to buy my AL products. Pay the balance every month.

So far I have not been charged interest.

@arrabella

Maybe you lucked out.  But, say you buy some AL vitamins and get billed August 31.  You pay your bill September 8; however, you've already purchased AL protein shakes on FP and the FP comes thru on September 7, then another FP comes thru on DG2 jeans on September 9. INTEREST on the AL and DG2 FPs, charges that came thru AFTER your August billing, will be charged and added into your September 30 billing, along with your normal FP charges even though you weren't invoiced for them on your August billing! In other words you can never pay your bill without accruing interest charges as long as you have FPs coming thru after your current invoice has been billed to you. Anything on FP that wasn't invoiced but is charged after that billing will accrue interest. Apparently you've lucked ut so far!

Valued Contributor

When Andrew has a TS on HSN he usually has the same prices on his website. I guess if I cut back shopping with HSN, I won't need to use flex pay.