Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

[ Edited ]

I pay my statement balance in full each month- and I was charged interest. What they're doing is unethical- most likely  illegal- and I filed a complaint with the FCC.I advised Comenity  when I spoke with them tonight and they were then more than happy to credit my interest charges! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@brandiwine wrote:

I use the flex pay now and then and have never been charged interest as long as I pay in full and on time.  

@brandiwine wrote:

I use the flex pay now and then and have never been charged interest as long as I pay in full and on time.  

This new 'thing' is effective with the July billing. 

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@AngelLove2 wrote:
I just checked my last statement. It has to do with making the minimum. If you pay in full, you shouldn't be effected.

@AngelLove2

The way as it was stated to me, if you pay all of your flex-pays off along with your invoiced balance, you won't get charged any interest. This policy went into effect in July.

So you're suppose to pay more than the billed amount? What's the point of flex pay then?

Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee,

I will do the same, to my knowledge they have never charged me any interest I have the HSN Master Card and always pay my monthly balance in full🌻

Trusted Contributor

@eddyandme,

Many thanks for the warning. It has never happened to me yet, however I guess that we could switch to the regular HSN store card🌻I will watch my next statement very carefully.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@CHIP62 wrote:

@eddyandme,

Many thanks for the warning. It has never happened to me yet, however I guess that we could switch to the regular HSN store card🌻I will watch my next statement very carefully.

It''s' with the regular HSN credit card as well- that's what I have. As much as HSN CS says to contact Comenity Bank, that they have nothing to do with this-   HSN corporate must have been in the decision making mix as well.

Esteemed Contributor

I have the HSN credit card. If I notice that they're doing that I'm going to immediately cancel my card.I will report them to the FCC & the better business bureau.I will also call HSN corporate & give them a piece of my mind.It's illegal to charge someone interest for a payment they haven't been billed for!! They can't pass the buck to Commenity. They have a hand in this too.No ifs ands or buts about it!!

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

I pay my statement balance in full each month- and I was charged interest. What they're doing is unethical- most likely  illegal- and I filed a complaint with the FCC.I advised Comenity  when I spoke with them tonight and they were then more than happy to credit my interest charges! Woman Happy

@Ibby114  - Good for you for filing a complaint!  I still can't understand how, if you pay off the balance due in full before the due date, they can charge interest.  On what??? If the next FP isn't scheduled to post until after the due date for your current statement, are they charging interest on that - future Flex Pays?  That makes no sense at all. If paying online, how is it possible to pay more than is due on your balance?  

I don't buy a lot from HSN, and my last item had a FP that ended before July.  I always pay my balance due in full before the due date, because I refuse to pay interest, so I can't say how this "new policy" is unfolding.  I do like FP because sometimes I want to get the item home and see if I like it before committing to the full price being tied up on my card.  If this is the new policy, HSN needs to get rid of Flex Pay, because it will cost a lot more for people each month, and it won't be budget friendly at all, it will be a budget nightmare!  I will only use my personal credit card, but honestly, if this is the way they will be doing business going forward, I don't know that I'm interested in doing business with them. HSN needs to address this, because if they don't make customers aware of this, and keep pushing the Flex Pay on air, they could get wrapped up in a lawsuit.  It's frustrating that HSN says they know nothing about this and that we should call Comenity.  The left hand needs to know what the right one is doing.  If this is just some uninformed CS reps at Comenity, it would benefit HSN to wrangle this in quickly and quit telling us to call Comenity.  

Respected Contributor

@Ibby114 wrote:

@Ibby114  -  Forgot to ask you if you called and told HSN what happened?  Would be interested to hear their response, since I was told, "they know nothing about this."  If they truly don't know that this is happening, we need to inform them.

Valued Contributor

Thank you for alerting us about this problem.I paid off my card today, but the July statement wasn't available.I found that strange.