Honored Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

anyway a company can make money. next it will be charging money on a credit card for just owning it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Ibby114 wrote:

HOW TO AVOID PAYING INTEREST. Your due date is at least 25 days after

the close of each billing cycle. We will not charge you interest on purchases

if you pay your entire balance by the due date each month. We will begin to

charge interest on new purchases made under a Low APR, Equal Payment

or Budget Payment Credit Plan from the date of purchase.

I pay my statement balance in full each month-  through June I had $0 in interest. Since July that hasn't been the case.  If I'm not billed for something yet how can I avoid interest then?? !

I won't use their card-  I'm going to think long and hard about my business with them. To keep this important thread from getting poofed I won't suggest what this reminds me of (my ex had a gambling problem...).

I took their card off my account and put another as default. I also went under the 'easy pay mananger' page and changed all those charges to go to the updated card.

That's exactly what I did, too @Ibby114

@SilleeMeeOriginally I jsut changed my default credit card and thought that would take care of all future charges. I'm so glad I saw your post!

Esteemed Contributor

@Ibby114

You've got the HSN store card!!!! and, they're also charging interest on easy-pays!  WOW!Woman Sad HSN must have been 'in' on this little deal!?! And, I have always thought they were a trustworthy, dependable company!  Ya think the new CEO/management team effected this? It's gonna backfire! KARMA.....

Respected Contributor

@viva923 wrote:

anyway a company can make money. next it will be charging money on a credit card for just owning it.

@viva923 They've been doing this for years.  There are plenty of cards that charge you an annual fee just to have the card.

Esteemed Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

@Ibby114

You've got the HSN store card!!!! and, they're also charging interest on easy-pays!  WOW!Woman Sad HSN must have been 'in' on this little deal!?! And, I have always thought they were a trustworthy, dependable company!  Ya think the new CEO/management team effected this? It's gonna backfire! KARMA.....

YEP !!!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Is this happening with the HSN cc, HSN Mastercard, or BOTH???

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

Is this happening with the HSN cc, HSN Mastercard, or BOTH???

I think it's both cards @IlliniGirl88

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@IlliniGirl88

I've only had personal experience from the HSN Mastercard, but have just found out from other posters here it's happening on the HSN store card now also!

Honored Contributor

Thank you so much @eddyandme for pointing this out. I would never have known otherwise because I never read the "fine print" on my statements!

Esteemed Contributor

@WenGirl42 wrote:

@viva923 wrote:

@viva923 They've been doing this for years.  There are plenty of cards that charge you an annual fee just to have the card.

And I avoid them like the plague!!!!! Rarely do their benefits warrant an annual charge.