Esteemed Contributor

Just wanted to note this, in case some of you are like me and totally disregard the credit card 'legalese':  HSN's Comenity-Mastercard customers are now being charged interest on easy-pays not yet billed!

Got my bill yesterday and noticed this was the second month in a row that I was charged interest. Noticed this in July, but was couple dollars and being busy, it slipped my mind and just paid bill in full without question. Yesterday, noticed my interest year-to-date was almost five dollars! Called Comenity customer service and told the rep that there must be a problem with their payment processing. She explained to me that effectve in July, we are getting interest charges on  easy-pays not yet billed to our accounts! I stated my disapproval and she said she's been getting quite a few calls from customers who pay their bill in full monthly. I'm assuming those who run a balance just aren't aware of this practice. So, I immediately closed out my card then notified HSN's customer service dept. The rep I spoke with there was quite surprised and was going to forward this info to their managment.

Anyways, just wanted to make any cardholders aware. Guess I'll only do easy-pays with my Qcard from now on as QVC does not do this!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN CREDIT CARD - BEWARE!

Thanks for the warning.  I however do not do easy pay.  I cannot keep track of it and am uncomfortable not being able to pay up when I buy. I also got rid of my Q card.  I could not handle the nastiness of the bank or banks they deal with.  About two years ago I paid my bill in full, returned one item for the next billing cycle and bought a few more things.  In any case the payment and the bill crossed (timing).  I was dinged for not paying the entire bill that next month. (which was a zero balance) QVC agreed I was paid up.  The BANK reported me to the credit bureau after only 20 days of mix up. They would not give in.  The credit bureau saw the problem and took me off of the HIT LIST (AS I CALL IT).  Not going there anymore.  I prefer my Visa card and they protect me from unfair practices from the get go. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@eddyandme wrote:

Just wanted to note this, in case some of you are like me and totally disregard the credit card 'legalese':  HSN's Comenity-Mastercard customers are now being charged interest on easy-pays not yet billed!

Got my bill yesterday and noticed this was the second month in a row that I was charged interest. Noticed this in July, but was couple dollars and being busy, it slipped my mind and just paid bill in full without question. Yesterday, noticed my interest year-to-date was almost five dollars! Called Comenity customer service and told the rep that there must be a problem with their payment processing. She explained to me that effectve in July, we are getting interest charges on  easy-pays not yet billed to our accounts! I stated my disapproval and she said she's been getting quite a few calls from customers who pay their bill in full monthly. I'm assuming those who run a balance just aren't aware of this practice. So, I immediately closed out my card then notified HSN's customer service dept. The rep I spoke with there was quite surprised and was going to forward this info to their managment.

Anyways, just wanted to make any cardholders aware. Guess I'll only do easy-pays with my Qcard from now on as QVC does not do this!

Thank you for this post- I always do easy pay, I figure  just lay out a few dollars to see if the item if going to work for you.

I  questioned interest to them recently and they agreed to credit me. But the credit was a lot smaller than what I expected and I haven't followed up with them yet.

I  pay the statement balance each month and couldn't figure out what the interest was- I kept thinking - in haste-  I must have missed paying the complete statement balance a couple of  times. Wow, this is beyond sl**zy of Comenity Bank!!

Honored Contributor

WTHeck...I am actually outraged they are doing this! I do not have cards for Q etc...nor store credit cards...guess that is wise?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

So my question is...how do you avoid paying the interest? I always pay my balance off monthly so interest does not accrue.

Honored Contributor

Sounds like no way to avoid...if you use easy pay?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

It just doesn't seem right. I'll have to take a closer look at my statement next time I'm billed the Flexpay from HSN. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

So my question is...how do you avoid paying the interest? I always pay my balance off monthly so interest does not accrue.

@SilleeMee

The only way to avoid the interest is to not use HSN easy pays.Woman Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

The highly skeptical part of my brain told me not to get either credit card from HSN or QVC. 

Always trust your instincts. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

ARRRGGG!!Woman Mad