Honored Contributor

Re: HSN CC switching to Synchrony for those worthy....

@Jordan2 wrote:

@SahmIam wrote:

As of August 23rd, 2019, HSN CC's will no longer be with Comenity Capital Bank. However, it is NOT an automatic process. Your account will be reviewed and if deemed worthy, it will be moved over. If not, it will be closed. This includes the HSN Mastercard.

If it moves over, you have to redo all your account info, resign up for paperless billing, etc and will receive new numbers. If it does not, you pay off the account and that's it.

Just a heads up!

Really, HSN doesn't mind losing some customers who don't make the cut? I don't buy that much from HSN, if they close my account I wouldn't care.

@Jordan2 

I would imagine the only accounts they will close will be the ones that don't pay their bill or continue to pay it late. No other reason for them not to keep the account open.

As far as I remember when Evine switched over to Synchrony everything stayed the same. Only thing that changed was who I paid.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@SahmIam 

Google 'Synchrony Bank reviews'. and read their reviews and their terms and conditions.

A couple of my CC's were 'sold' to Synchrony from another bank and it didn't take long to decide to cancel those accounts because of problems.

This is my own personal experience and your experience may be different.....I hope so.

@KingstonsMom   Oh, trust me, I know. IMHO, this is not a good thing but is also not surprising. I am hoping that the move over of the account will be smooth. Synchrony refuse to accept responsiblity when they make an error but are quick to punish a customer. Not fond of them.

Honored Contributor

have not had any problems with synchrony bank and have a number of CCs through them, including my QCard. hopefully the transition is smooth for everyone.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

I think Walmart's credit card is also issued through Symphony, I haven't had any problems with them.

New Contributor

Sorry to let you know that is NOT the case.  Synchrony arbitrarily decided to cut my limits on an account when I'd never been late - payments were automatically w/d on THEIR END, my credit score was very very good - everyone else was offering credit line increases, oh and the auto deduct amount I'd set was always double the minimum. And then I'd go back and make additional payments.  Never got a reason as to why that made sense.  Someone on this thread said Synchrony does not take responsibility for their errors and i agree. I am very displeased with the HSN change. Synchrony is why I never applied for a Q card in the first place.  I saw they were the servicer.  IF I buy something from the Q, I put it on a major card if I don't just pay outright.   

Honored Contributor

I can attest to what @MizzP78 is saying regarding limit reductions.

I have a few other cards with Synchrony. I use them and then pay it off. The one I really like is TJMaxx/Homegoods/HomeSense; the gift certificates you receive for spending XYZ don't expire and you can give the to anyone to use. This is the one card I use all the time.

As I said, I pay off the balance each month.This one time, I paid off the balance ONE DAY before the closing date which I didn't know UNTIL Kredit Karma emailed me an update: THERE HAS BEEN A CHANGE TO YOUR CREDIT SCORE.

Synchrony had REDUCED my limit by 75% and was charging me a LATE FEE for the amount I had paid!!!! I called and that's when I found out I paid before the closing date. THEIR policy was it didn't count and therefore, it was late.

What. The. &%&)!!!!!!????? 

That idiotic policy made my score go down. Closed it and every other card with Synchrony except for QVC because I rarely use it and when I do, pay it off via the easy pay window, not via the card. (does that make sense?) HSN is no big loss now that they've become the junk channel (IMHO). EVINE also uses Synchrony but I also pay it off via the flexpaywindow, just like QVC.

Occasional Visitor

if they are the ones for Evine they made my life miserable and closed my account
Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH 

I got a notice this morning that Walmart is switching over to Capital One credit cards. 

I didn't pay much attention to the notice, but I thought it was an odd change.  

Honored Contributor

Yes Synchrony handles QVC and Evine as well as many others.  I've never had an issue with them, knock on wood.

I closed my Q account and my HSN account but I do still have an Evine card and my Penney's card is with Synchrony as well.  I easily log into my account, make the payment if need be and that's it.  No problem.

I too had an Evine card before they made the switch to Synchrony and also didn't know until I got the new card in the mail. 

Trusted Contributor

Synchrony is horrible!  I couldn't access a credit card account online for some reason, so I mailed in a check.  After two weeks, with the check not cashed, I called CS.  I was told it takes them a minimum of two weeks to process checks.  So I paid the bill a second time through CS.  By then, my account was past due - I got hit with a finance charge and a late fee, which they refunded.  Never again.