Honored Contributor

Re: HSN Bans ‘Used-Car Salesmen,’ ‘Yellers’ and ‘Hijackers’ From Network

@sunshine45 wrote:

no one got banned.......

to ban can mean "to prohibit" or "to forbid."

in other words.......they dont want "used car salesmen, yellers, or hijackers" style anymore in their vendor style approach according to gordie via the initial mass email. they want to change the way vendors present their products.

Ok, I understand what you are conveying. Someone did violate their NDA if that memo is indeed true.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

They are wanting to ban the behavior.  

That's not what the title suggests. It states salesmen, yellers and hijackers -person or persons, not behavior.  

That was not my interpretation of the title.  And in reading the article, it is clear (to me) that they are talking about the behavior.

Honored Contributor

@VanSleepy wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@VanSleepy wrote:

They are wanting to ban the behavior.  

That's not what the title suggests. It states salesmen, yellers and hijackers -person or persons, not behavior.  

That was not my interpretation of the title.  And in reading the article, it is clear (to me) that they are talking about the behavior.

I noticed the missing HSN logo on the 'document' so I dismissed it as something questionable. 

If it's true, and a beauty vendor is the source, it's not difficult to narrow it down based on the selling style.  

And how much credibility does someone have by violating an NDA? Maybe she's trying to find a way out in a blaze, lol. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Frequent Contributor

@Chi-town girl How do u know there was a non disclosure agreement or that a vendor was banned?  I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just don’t see how you came to that conclusion based on the posted memo.

Honored Contributor

@Sabear wrote:

@Chi-town girl How do u know there was a non disclosure agreement or that a vendor was banned?  I’m not saying you’re wrong, I just don’t see how you came to that conclusion based on the posted memo.

@Sabear - NDA's are a business practice. The TV shopping vendors cannot discuss product pricing, their compensation or other contractual terms. They cannot post about TSV's in advance without approval. 

Internal company communications especially those from seniority or executive team is strictly forbidden to be shared. It's a violation of contractual agreements. 

If the leaked memo is true,  it was done with intent of malice to hurt the company/shareholders,  other vendors and customers. IMO, shameful and selfish behavior.  And it won't be hard to figure out the source. 

Was someone banned and who,  is what I was asking. I don't know the answer. 

Frequent Contributor

@Chi-town girl My personal opinion is that the memo is not true.  Why would a vendor try to ruin the very company that provides them a forum to sell tthe vendors merchandise?  Seems counterproductive to me.

Honored Contributor

@Sabear wrote:

@Chi-town girl My personal opinion is that the memo is not true.  Why would a vendor try to ruin the very company that provides them a forum to sell tthe vendors merchandise?  Seems counterproductive to me.

@Sabear - I agree, but if this vendor is very wealthy and reacted in an emotional manner bc she has done it previously and did not suffer consequences,  also has deep pockets for legal it could be true. Maybe she wants out of her contract and is so selfish that she doesn't care how it impacts others. 

The other question is why would a 'reputable' 'respected' journalist publish it? She's not bound by the NDA, so it's not a legal violation. But she removed or did not require proof of source i.e. the company logo. And her chosen words/slant suggests she wants to damage HSN. She apparently makes $$$$ off her blog. What's her motive (s)? 

It's just skanky.  

Honored Contributor

HSN Employees don't appear to love their new CEO, Mike Fitzharris

https://media.thinknum.com/articles/hsn-employees-dont-love-their-new-ceo-mike-fitzharris/

i also recommend reading steve bryants recent blog post regarding the subject matter.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Glassdoor?  Please.  

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

What an offensive letter, and what fifth-grade writing "skills!" The shopping channels need to let their vendors know that they are respected or they will take their products elsewhere. Also, why does the author assume that every viewer is female? While defiling the practice of hard-sell tactics, the author's own letter uses those same very harsh tactics to belittle his vendors. It almost sounds to me that the hosts probably had some input into what they do and do not like about the vendors. Maybe the vendors should get equal time to let the hosts know what they like or do not like. Also, maybe now some of the hosts can calm down and cease all the giggling and shouting while others are trying to talk. I think sometimes the vendors are just eager to point out certain features of their products that the host has neglected to mention. Maybe the little voice in the host's ear should pop in with comments like, "Give the laundering instructions," "Mention that the viewer should size down," "Tell the viewer that 'eventide' is actually a dark grayish blue and that what we're calling 'whisper' is actually light pink even though it looks white on screen."

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli