Esteemed Contributor

Re: HSN Amy M Host

[ Edited ]

She lives in Florida, so it is quite possible that seasonal allergies are the culprit!🤔 I have visited there, and had to take Zyrtec throughout my stay.😐 I hope it is nothing more serious than that.🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

One day last week I tuned in and Colleen was on.  She sounded horrible.  I thought she had a really bad cold but she said it's allergies.  I felt bad she had to be on air because she really sounded bad.  Perhaps Amy is having the same issue.

Amy did have Covid a few months ago.  When she came back to work, I had a very hard time watching her.  She was weezing something awful and it was very clear on the mic.  She also had a bad cough still. 

I doubt Amy is a smoker.  She is very into working out and is a runner. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

She is always choking and coughing thru her presentations and sounds hoarse.  Very hard to listen to her.  

I have only noticed this once and that was yesterday.  However what I did notice her feet in those stiletto heels it was painful, to think I put my feet through all of that daily, wearing heels even to go dancing. Mine were probably 3 inches.  For some reason it made me cringe to actually see a foot in that position.  But back in the day heels were my go to.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@rms1954 Amy made the comment a while back that she was glad to be back!  She had gotten sick, her son then took sick and she ended up getting sick again.  I would suspect she is dealing with some residual congestion perhaps from being sick.

Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

She is always choking and coughing thru her presentations and sounds hoarse.  Very hard to listen to her.  

I have only noticed this once and that was yesterday.  However what I did notice her feet in those stiletto heels it was painful, to think I put my feet through all of that daily, wearing heels even to go dancing. Mine were probably 3 inches.  For some reason it made me cringe to actually see a foot in that position.  But back in the day heels were my go to.Smiley Happy

@sunshine 919 

I have wondered all my adult life why women torture their feet with those things. It doesn't take me having to wear them to see they cannot be a good thing for anyone's feet.

Were I female and it was a job requirement? I would find out why, and work on a way to have that requirement changed. My job? I would quit before putting not only my feet in agony, but the foot effects every muscle and joint from the Plantar Fascia, up to and including the Spine.

I had 3 older sisters that wore those things and I always said, why?  They told me it was "the thing", and it also made their calf muscles more prominent. My reply: "ain't that nice".

Worked 33 years for the same company and put my job on the line several times over those years to get changes made. One was to get our Plant to go No Smoking Indoors.

Took me 3 years of moving up the ladder and being told, "your job may be at risk"! It was implemented before I retired for inside the building, and later it went to "on the property". Yea!!!!

Pretty long post for a guy that has never stuck his foot in one, I just can't help myself.

hckynut   🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

She lives in Florida, so it is quite possible that seasonal allergies are the culprit!🤔 I have visited there, and had to take Zyrtec throughout my stay.😐 I hope it is nothing more serious than that.🤞

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

I agree @SandySparkles allergies and a post nasal drip equal a cough.

Honored Contributor

@hckynutjohn wrote:

@sunshine 919 wrote:

@rms1954 wrote:

@sunshine 919 

I have wondered all my adult life why women torture their feet with those things. It doesn't take me having to wear them to see they cannot be a good thing for anyone's feet.

Were I female and it was a job requirement? I would find out why, and work on a way to have that requirement changed. My job? I would quit before putting not only my feet in agony, but the foot effects every muscle and joint from the Plantar Fascia, up to and including the Spine.

I had 3 older sisters that wore those things and I always said, why?  They told me it was "the thing", and it also made their calf muscles more prominent. My reply: "ain't that nice".

Worked 33 years for the same company and put my job on the line several times over those years to get changes made. One was to get our Plant to go No Smoking Indoors.

Took me 3 years of moving up the ladder and being told, "your job may be at risk"! It was implemented before I retired for inside the building, and later it went to "on the property". Yea!!!!

Pretty long post for a guy that has never stuck his foot in one, I just can't help myself.

hckynut   🇺🇸

I love your postSmiley Happy In my day lol we wore hills but not as high as they wear now and still I wonder how we wore them so much.   I am all about comfort now.  If a shoe is not comfy I do not wear them. I discovered Aetrex on hsn, all my sandals have arch support, and I love tennis shoes.  Honestly I do not own a pair of hills now and it feels great.  Did my time now I am enjoying comfort lol

Respected Contributor

I still love heels, and have no issues at all wearing them.  I like the look with skirts and dresses.  Been working from home for almost 2 years so I haven't worn them...   I'm guessing I will be soon!

Honored Contributor

I heard Amy say she's a runner so I kind of doubt that she smokes.