Respected Contributor

HS Grad. Gift Help

[ Edited ]

I'm at a loss.  I'd like to get a graduation gift for a girl that just graduated and is going to college.  I worked at the school and her mother and I became friends.  I left 2 years ago when she was a sophomore.   I don't know her tastes, likes, dislikes.  I'd thought about earrings or a necklace but jewelry is so personal.  They gave me a beautiful necklace when I left the school and moved west.  My niece suggested a scarf but those too are personal and some  don't like things like that around the neck.  I don't.

Anyone buy a graduation gift this year and can help me out here.   I'll have to mail it back east so it needs to be small, if possible.  TIA

Respected Contributor

gift card

Honored Contributor

Gift cards or checks are perfect for this kind of situation.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal A Visa gift card. All students can use these. No jewelry or wearing apparel, you don't know her taste. This way she can shop for herself.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: HS Grad. Gift Help

[ Edited ]

Trying to buy a personal gift for an 18 year-old that you don't know is almost impossible! Besides, she most likely doesn't want anything but $$. Send a neutral gift card that she can use anywhere and be done with it! She'll appreciate it more than a scarf or earrings.

Honored Contributor

proxy-image.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

gift card, check, or cash.....always the best gift for a student going off to college. they can use it for things they need for a dorm room or for their classes.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@Bridgegal  I attended a graduation party several weeks ago and gave the graduate a $50 bill.  My friend purchased a gift card and paid a fee.  Cash is always appreciated.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

Can never go wrong with a gift card or cash!!

Regular Contributor

We give cash or a check, that way they can use it for what they need. We did this for a grad this spring & just received a lovely thank you from her. She used the cash for bedding.