Honored Contributor

Re: HOw do you handle a rainy day alone in isolation

[ Edited ]

I don't mind the occasional rainy day and in fact I sometimes look forward to the chance to curl up with the rain, a blanket and a book... I have to say, that as this current situation drags on and on and on, I'm finding that those kind of days sometimes match my mood... Like most, I prefer and enjoy pretty days, but with so few options to be out and about, they can almost be a little frustrating at times and to a point, I'm not minding the more overcast or rainy days...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone.  I do plan on getting a cat or dog when I find out whether my small private school will be opening in the fall::Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't think anyone with a shred of compassion can read the OP's post and not be struck by the crude insensitivity of your response. The OP is finding dreary weather difficult to deal with in these circumstances and is reaching out to see if she's alone. People are commiserating and suggesting ways she can cope. That's supportive and constructive, ergo appropriate. Take notes, iceberg. 

Respected Contributor

I've always found 2 pets keep each other company for times when you're not home. I agree pets can be better than human company at times. On a dreary day there's nothing better than a dog curled up by your feet or a lap cat. I hope you find out about your school soon.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

I don't think anyone with a shred of compassion can read the OP's post and not be struck by the crude insensitivity of your response. The OP is finding dreary weather difficult to deal with in these circumstances and is reaching out to see if she's alone. People are commiserating and suggesting ways she can cope. That's supportive and constructive, ergo appropriate. Take notes, iceberg. 

Thank you . I guess their username is fitting. 

Respected Contributor

I am definitely a hot weather person.   When it is a rainy day it is a good excuse, for me, to read a book, play music, binge on t.v, sit and knit without feeling I have to be out ‘doing something’.  

I definitely  think having a pet helps - they are great company and even in the rain dogs need a walk making me go out.  I do not live alone but sympathize with your comment - it is hard at the moment but we are all here on the boards for you.

Respected Contributor

I get bummed out when it's just cloudy for a day or two. I also don't like waking before the sun comes up. Something about it makes me sad and always has. My puppies keep me entertained and happy. 

Honored Contributor

@gellen 

I know it's hard enough being isolated and then dreary rain...take a minute and curl up in a blanket w/a good book or watch a movie.

I've taught myself lately it's OK not to have something on my agenda everyday🙂🙂

Honored Contributor

@gellen 

I’m not sick so I’m not in isolation. Are you sick?

I’m “safer at home” according to our governor. 

I love staying home on rainy days! Great for watching movies or reading. I am never lonely. I’m just a text, a call, an email away from friends and family. We stay in touch.

I do also work full time from home so during the week I am working even if it rains.

Honored Contributor

I've been doing a lot of jigsaw puzzles lately.