Super Contributor

HOw do you handle a rainy day alone in isolation

I do ok on the nice days - rainy days not so much!

Honored Contributor

Re: HOw do you handle a rainy day alone in isolation

@gellen 

I'm like you.  The sunny warm days have lifted me up.  The rainy ones depress the heck out of me.  I tend to do lots of movies and naps on those days.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Normally - nice days I'll take a walk around the park or run some errands.  I save time consuming projects for those days I can't get outside at all.

• For instance - for several years I had been planning to switch some kitchen cabinets so it would be more efficient.  Finally did it!  

• Sounds weird - but wash the inside of the windows - no sun to worry about blinding me when I'm washing the windows.  (I'm on the 10th floor - can't do outsides!)
  • Curl up with a good book.

• Knitting, crocheting, mending, altering clothes.  

I have lots of time-consuming chores stacked up waiting for the next rainy day.

------------------------------------------

ETA:  I almost forgot about another rainy day activity .... listenng to podcasts.  There are some organizations that offer webinars and have a library of past programs.  So - I have occasisonally spent an afternoon listing to some webinars I've missed, or reviewing one that I had attended.

Honored Contributor

If you've got privacy, take your shower in the rain.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Valued Contributor

@gellen  I'll probably sound nuts (when has that ever stopped me?) but if it's just a rain shower (no lightning) then I go for a walk. It's the best time for me in my complex, because no one else is outside and no worrying about distancing! There's something fun and childlike about putting on your rain coat and walking about. 

At least for me Smiley Happy

If that's not a possibility then my next choice is cozying in with a good book. Nothing like reading with the sound of rain in the backgroun. 

Hope you are doing well!

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I handle it with ease-----housework, tv, radio, reading, walking(but not much), thinking,talking to family on my phone, newpaper...OH, and too much cooking and eatingSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

As long as I wake up in the morning, my goal is to enjoy every minute of the day.   Weather and many other things going on right now, do not affect my outlook.   

Valued Contributor

@ahoymate  And how old are you? I believe most of us mastered in kindergarten the Golden Rule. 

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Well most adults were taught manners and to be nice too, but you wouldn't know it from this site. Of course people do get cranky as they get older.

Respected Contributor

Vaccum and dust. There's always that.   A scented candle and a good book with a good cuppa tea.  Baking lends a good scent to the house.  If it's warm enough and not a deluge I sit on the covered porch and enjoy listening to the raiin.  How about a nice lesurely soak in the tub?  There's things to do  on a rainy day.