Honored Contributor

Re: HOW'S THE WEATHER WHERE YOU ARE?

@tends2dogs wrote:

Southwest Florida - high 80's and sunny.

Does it ever get cold in Florida?

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@NoelSeven

Thank you!  This is going to make a great Christmas gift!

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@NoelSeven  Since we have been coming here for the winter, the coldest was last year when it got down one night to 46.  We are as south on I 75 as you can get, so that was mighty chilly.  After being in 90 degrees for a long stretch, even the high 70's is chilly.......boots and leather jackets at night to go out....gotta get use out of them sometime LOL.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@JAXS Mom wrote:

I finally switched the heat on, although it only came on for a few minutes this morning. We've had our first frost ( last year it had snowed by now). 

I got out my favorite robe, a gift from my daughter last Christmas.  Deep, deep red and nice and warm Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@NoelSeven  Since we have been coming here for the winter, the coldest was last year when it got down one night to 46.  We are as south on I 75 as you can get, so that was mighty chilly.  After being in 90 degrees for a long stretch, even the high 70's is chilly.......boots and leather jackets at night to go out....gotta get use out of them sometime LOL.

@tends2dogs

Thanks for the information!  I totally understand what you are saying, going from the 80/90s to 50ish was a shock, too, LOL.

Respected Contributor

Sunny, 50ish, here in Chicago, very pleasant as no wind, but storms are predicted for Weds with high winds

Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NoelSeven

Thank you!  This is going to make a great Christmas gift!

I hope you  and the giftee like it Smiley Happy

It weighs more than 3 lbs, a hefty tome!

Honored Contributor

It was a beautiful fall day at the Jersey Shore, mid to upper 50's.

Honored Contributor

NoelSeven wrote:

tends2dogs wrote:

Southwest Florida - high 80's and sunny.

Does it ever get cold in Florida?

I think it's relative!  Smiley Happy   I am reminded of a business trip I took to San Antonio, TX, one year.  It was early September and what we, here in N. NV, would consider mild and warm-ish.

Well, we get there and when we got to the offices, a little early as others were arriving, we are dressed in short sleeves but business-like attire and we see that the locals were all bundled up like Nanuck of the North!

I think we looked rather confused and we were to realize that 60 degrees to them was pretty cold.  To us it was shorts (outside of a business setting of course) weather.    

A good friend of mine lives in Arizona.   To her, when it's 50 degrees it's like freezing.  Of course I kid her.  Smiley Happy   

Honored Contributor

Finally finally got to wear a light jacket today to work.  Was 51 deg. when I left the house this morning but now it is 67.  Still ran air conditioner some this past weekend.  In Texas each day is a new experience.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."