Honored Contributor

Re: HOW PRODUCTIVE/CREATIVE WERE YOU DURING THE LOCKDOWN

@Pezzie   I like your husbands quote...we are fattening the curve.

I was like you, pretty motiavated in the beginning because I had no idea the lock down would last so long and I wanted to get everything done..which I did.

I wish it would have been warmer while we were not working as I could have gotten a lot of yard work done.

Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 

No it's not over, and even if everything is fully engaged, I think for a lot of us, we will still tread carefully.  

Valued Contributor

Tomorrow will mark 4 months (March 15th) since I've been isolating at home. 

I'm extremely productive from a working stand point. 

I guess I'm still waiting on the creative muse to visit me. 

(although I'm 53 and they've never visited me before haha)

@cbrite  Are you out there? Was just thinking about you as I am approaching my four month isolation anniversary! Hope you are doing well

Whatever gets you through the night; it's alright, it's alright. It's your money or your life; it's alright, it's alright---John Lennon
Respected Contributor

When the shutdown first started I thought a couple weeks at home off work would be good and I started with purging and organizing which are things I like to do and was looking forward to it.

I am not a cleaner and DH needed projects so he cleaned pantry and kitchen cabinets and I organized them.  He hands and knees cleaned hardwood floors.  Cleaned windows inside and out and that is a big job in this 2-story house at his age (his being on the ladder worried me).  He cleaned garages, I organized bathroom cabinets, put boxes of pictures into 7 albums, changed around wall groupings with DH's help.  Wow, makes me tired just thinking about it!

I am a reader and did a good bit of reading, spent time purging and re-organizing closets and drawers which is a constant and ongoing project with me. 

Now however, although there remains much to do, I am tired of doing "projects" to keep busy and have been off work much, much, much too long.  I want out and to go back to work.  I have a stack of 15 books to read and many more projects to do, but my get up and go has gone and I want to get up and go out and back to work.  Heck with projects, I'm tired of them and definitely out of the mood.

Respected Contributor

I worked full time for almost 50 years and then retired.  I've always been a go, go, go person.   Even in retirement, I stay busy so I was really worried that I'd go crazy within the first week.

Guess what?  That didn't happen.   I had no idea how lazy I could really be.  I've read some books and watched a few TV series and movies.  But mostly I just piddle around the house, spend hours on my iPad and phone and that's about it.  Fine with me.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac I'm also pretty lazy when it comes to housework, cooking or gardening - although I love the results when someone else does the work.

I would rather go out to work and be around people.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've pretty much fallen into a loop of things I do. I guess I've always been like that. But I don't have the urge or stamina to take on major cleaning projects -- just the same old, same old. Thankfully, we live in a temperate climate so that I and the pup can walk just about every day.

My biggest failure is that I have lost the desire to write poetry. I have to get my creative juicing flowing again. I'm part of an online poetry group in which we publish and comment on one another's works.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I hadn't realized the lockdown was over! We have a long way to go, IMO.

Respected Contributor

The last I saw of my productivity and creativity, they had packed their little trunks, built a canoe of popsicle sticks with a toothpick mast and paper sail, and paddled off into a streaming puddle.  Not even a postcard since!  

Woman LOL

~The only difference between this place and the Titanic is that the Titanic had a band.~
Honored Contributor

The time has been passing me by so fast............Seems as though there hasn't been enough time for a hobby or DIY.

Why?  I don't know.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).