Honored Contributor

When I was having some work done outside my home and my dog could not go in and out because I was at work, I was charged $7.50 for 30 minutes of walking. I live on the West Coast. When I asked how they arrived at that amount, they said they checked the Internet for average costs. You might try checking the Internet for the cost in your area.

Super Contributor

Re: HOW MUCH ........

[ Edited ]

We pay a neighborhood kid for dog sitting when we're out of town for $25 per day. The kid walks our dog twice for 15 minutes, and lets him out one additional time, and makes sure he has food and water. The kid also brings in our mail and waters a few plants. 

As others said, the pay can vary widely, but based on what we pay our dog sitter, I would guess that a kid would be happy to take a dog for a walk for $5-10?

Honored Contributor

@LOVEMYFURBABY wrote:

How much do dog walkers get paid?  I am in my 70's and not in good health and cannot walk him.   Thanks. 

I wish we lived closer. I would gladly walk your dog for free.

Trusted Contributor

@LOVEMYFURBABY  Your veterinarian's office would be a great place to ask for trustworthy dog walkers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LOVEMYFURBABY wrote:

How much do dog walkers get paid?  I am in my 70's and not in good health and cannot walk him.   Thanks.                                    

@LOVEMYFURBABY @I don't live in Kentucky but I checked online for  some prices for this service and I found $17-$20 for short walks. 

Respected Contributor

@LOVEMYFURBABY   After reading all the responses, prices really do vary.  Also, there were some good suggestions, too.  My friend who lives in Boca Raton, pays $20 a day which is for 2 walks.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Respected Contributor

Call a local Church in your area, there are lots of people who offer volunteer services for Seniors.  

Please be aware that your breed of dog is a sought after so you need

someone trustworthy.

Wish I could help, I walk mine 2-3 times a day.

Honored Contributor

suburb of DC......my sister pays $350 a month to a dog walker who walks her dog daily M - F for about 45 minutes to an hour.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've never used a dog walker but I've always had a decent sized fenced back yard and I've always added a dog run in the side yard.  I always have at least two doxies so I just open the back door and let the babies out for 15-30 mins at a time ( they are primarily house dogs as I'm sure your doggie is). Buying a second dog and having a secure backyard might be your answer (I'm 77).

Honored Contributor

Depends on your area, and how many times a day they need walking.

Not wanting to take money away from a professional dog walker, but I also like the idea of possibly using a responsible teen.  

You need to do a little research of the possibilities for your area.  

Let us know what you decide works best for you.