Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@meowing kitty wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

I fell into a present-coma the year of the flashlight....

Literally....can't give them away..... Woman Frustrated

So needless to say I'm not a big gift-show watcher now.....

This made me LOL.

Although it seems in recent years every year is the year of the flashlight.

And don't forget those lame toys, the lighted track with the cars and that toy that you hit when it lights up. 

Yes-- l think you're referring to the ubiquitous Flash Pad. I get the impression that the warehouse is loaded with leftover flashlights and toys from last year. Rather than putting them on "clearance" after last year's holidays, they keep trotting them out year after year, ad nauseum.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

@brewhaha wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

'Gifts for the bus driver'.   'Gifts for the teacher'.  

Of course there is always the old standard - 'gifts for the gift drawer'.

Smiley Happy

If I'm buying a gift for the bus driver and the hosts says it's a good gift, then that's what I'll get. I wish they would say what's a good gift for the Roto-Rooter guy.

Poo-Pourri is a good gift for him, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

Come on ....I am still looking for pumpkin picking gifts !

What about the perfect outfit to enhance the pumpkin picking experience?

Orange barn jacket, a sequined jack-o-lantern 🎃top, green skirted leggings and black peep toe boots.

☀️...And I think to myself what a Wenderful world.☀️
Honored Contributor

@sailor moon wrote:

@Bestdressed wrote:

Come on ....I am still looking for pumpkin picking gifts !

What about the perfect outfit to enhance the pumpkin picking experience?

Orange barn jacket, a sequined jack-o-lantern 🎃top, green skirted leggings and black peep toe boots.

I've driven all over the state.......and I still can't find the boardwalk.......

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Esteemed Contributor

As  impersonal as some might think I have given up on buying gifts in any other form other than GIFT CARDS.  Then the person, relative, friend, can pick what they like and I can be assured they get what they really really want.  My house is full of GIFTS that I cannot or do not use.  

Respected Contributor

It's easy for me.  I don't watch any gift shows.  I've been with Qvc for 30 years and I'm at the point where I buy almost everything from QVC, especially gifts for every occasion.  But I never...ever look at gift show.  I do all my shopping from QVC.com.  That way, I have access to everything that QVC sells and not just to the paltry few items they show on tv.  Also, for the holidays, I make a list of what I want to buy for the people in my life.  And then I shop for those items.  I'd go crazy and never buy a darn thing if I put the cart before the horse and tried to match an item in tv with a person.