Respected Contributor

I highly doubt anyone is racist because they live in Wyoming. Most of the racism these days is perpetuated by the media and politicians with an agenda.

Yorkie, no one has mentioned racism at all on this thread. That has nothing to do with this young man and what he said on HONY.

Esteemed Contributor

@kdgn wrote:

I highly doubt anyone is racist because they live in Wyoming. Most of the racism these days is perpetuated by the media and politicians with an agenda.

Yorkie, no one has mentioned racism at all on this thread. That has nothing to do with this young man and what he said on HONY.

Have you read the entire thread?

If so, I find it hard to understand why you would say I am the first person to mention racism.

Re:  post #18.

Respected Contributor

Maybe we can agree to get back on topic? 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Well, the usual conservativess are here.

Honored Contributor

My daughter has a good friend that is gay. He told her, he knew at a very young age ,he was a bit different, from the other kids.

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

If so, I find it hard to understand why you would say I am the first person to mention racism.

I merely meant that as an example that just because one doesn't see it in their town doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  It was what came to my mind as personal experience.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:
@debdc...as a Wyoming resident I think you would want to know the truth.

eta...Wyoming is a big state. If you don't want to read the entire book, the reviews at amazon are interesting too...some from Wyoming residents familiar with the story and people in it.

Well you know what they say, there's more than one truth.  Both sides and then the actual truth somewhere in the middle.   

I'm very familiar with the story myself, I have many ties to Casper still to this day.  

I'm sorry, the drug thing has nothing to do with a young man being dragged to death by a couple of 'good old boy' homophobes.

~~
Respected Contributor

I definitely remember being aware of boy/girl attraction,  at a very basic level, as far back as 1st grade.   

Very young kids see and hear about male/female attraction being the "norm" all around them -  from real life and from TV and other media.

Some say they knew from a very young age, others say it happened later.   It seems to be different for everyone, but very possible at a young age.

"The truth is like a lion. You don't have to defend it. Let it loose. It will defend itself."
- Augustine

Be Vigilent
Esteemed Contributor

@debc wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@kdgn wrote:

I merely meant that as an example that just because one doesn't see it in their town doesn't mean it doesn't exist.  It was what came to my mind as personal experience.

I didn't mean that because I don't see it here, that it doesn't exist.

I was making the point that, of all places, if it was so pervasive, one should see it here, especially considering my location and history of this particular county.

OTOH, I have personally been discriminated against because of my color; yet people would deny that exists and do so on a regular basis.

As for as gay people, I have an affinity for them and one of my closest friends is gay. I have a bond with them, the male ones at least, because I love the campiness and so on. And yes, I do know that not all gay men camp, etc. I'm aware of that. I'm just saying I have a bond with them.....

Respected Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow  Unfortunately ignorance is alive and well everywhere, for almost everything that is not like them.   I like to think I taught my children better. 

~~