Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:
Many older teen and adult gay men and lesbians have said they "knew" as 5-6 year olds, even if they didn't yet understand the physiological and hormonal realizations that would come later.

Explain to me how a child who is too young to know anything at all about sexuality "know" they are gay? Only iof some adult is coaching them to believe that.

Respected Contributor

From TIME:

"The photo initially became the subject of controversy when Stanton (the photographer) claimed Facebook had removed it from the site. But a Facebook spokesperson said Saturday the photo had not been intentionally deleted, but had been temporarily unavailable due to a bug."

For those who don't know who Stanton or HONY is the following is from his FB:

"Hey there. My name is Brandon and I began Humans of New York in the summer of 2010, shortly after leaving my job in Finance. (OK, I actually got fired.) I started HONY because I thought it would be really cool to create an exhaustive catalogue of New York City's inhabitants, so I set out to photograph 10,000 New Yorkers and plot their photos on a map. Somewhere along the way, I began to interview my subjects in addition to photographing them. And alongside their portraits, I'd include quotes and short stories from their lives.

Taken together, these portraits and captions became the subject of a vibrant blog. HONY now has over ten million followers on social media, and provides a worldwide audience with daily glimpses into the lives of strangers on the streets of New York City."

For those who say how does he know at such a young age, we become aware very early on. I remember exchanging Valentine's cards in elementary school I wanted to be sure the boy I liked got an extra special card. It had nothing to do with sex but I was definitely aware that some boys were cool. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Super Contributor
Don't MOST of us know even in elementary school if we 'like' boys or girls? I think that's all they meant. I am female, and I knew that I liked boys in that special way probably from 1st grade on, lol!

ETA: I'm on an iPad and was trying to reply to the comment by 151949 about kids that young knowing that they are gay, so I'm not sure if that was clear, lol!
Esteemed Contributor

151949:   This is the second post of yours this morning that I totally agree with.  I can't wrap my head around a small child feeling this way at such a young age.  JMHO

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor
@debdc...Matthew Shepard was a drug dealer beaten by an occasional lover in a drug rage over drugs. See the book The Book of Matt, written by a gay journalist, so no bias there. The story of a persecuted gay man is more sympathetic than the truth.
Keepin' it real.
Respected Contributor

I remember when I was little having crushes on people in the movies and tv and they were male and that was before I knew about sex.

Respected Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:
@debdc...Matthew Shepard was a drug dealer beaten by an occasional lover in a drug rage over drugs. See the book The Book of Matt, written by a gay journalist, so no bias there. The story of a persecuted gay man is more sympathetic than the truth.

As a Wyoming resident we see it totally different.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor
Wow. After all the hours this thread has been up, now some are attempting to turn it on its head. I hope they do not succeed. I can only suggest don't take the bait.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor
@debdc...as a Wyoming resident I think you would want to know the truth.

eta...Wyoming is a big state. If you don't want to read the entire book, the reviews at amazon are interesting too...some from Wyoming residents familiar with the story and people in it.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

I highly doubt anyone is racist because they live in Wyoming. Most of the racism these days is perpetuated by the media and politicians with an agenda.