Honored Contributor

Re: “HONEY”!!!!!! Please stop already.

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@Spurt 

So, you know for a fact that the reason their sales are down and that their financial reports are not good are because of her?  I'm not privy to the inside information.  Woman Wink

@AngelPuppy1 

Im not saying it's "all because of JRT"...BUT think of it this way, the less people watch, the less chance of making a sale---and if people are turning the channel instead of watching a particular host its just common sense....Its not all JRT, there's just a growing number of hosts that annoy the viewer that people refuse to watch thats not good for business. And with their continuous financial decline in sales they need to look at EVERYTHING they are doing.....I think thats why they sent out that survey....And did you see any "sold out" banners?????🤔

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Forgot to mention....when I WAS trying to watch with the volume on, she was desperately trying to tag herself with a "christmas name"...I think she finally annointed herself "Jingle Janie" or some contrived iteration of "Rudy (as in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer") and then tried to re-name David....

Too much. 

Unwatchable.

Respected Contributor

I agree that several hosts have become annoying. It could be that they are desperate for sales and they would do anything to keep people's attention. As the saying goes negative attention is better than no attention at all.
Trusted Contributor

Hey, did anyone hear the news that Jane is 60?

Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

There will come a time when you will miss the "old timers" but luckily we still have a nice group of oldies.  Remember when Lisa was on and the hottest ticket to QVC and she has been gone for quite a few years and selling on=line (she has a following from QVC) and I am sure she is doing well.  I am not a groupie but her name is mentioned every now and then.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Years ago I don't recall her ever saying " honey" maybe this is a new habit she picked up. I don't watch at all anymore...but I know she isn't southern, so it isn't something she has done for years. If you want to watch, hit the mute. I just check online to see what has been on the air. There is rarely anything she has presented that I care about.

Esteemed Contributor

@DzneyRock. I am right there with you. For some reason (actually many reasons) JT just bugs me. I used to do this thing where when I flipped to QVC and she was on, I would see how long it would take her to mention her daughters before I changed the channel again. It is amazing how she can always find a way to work them into a presentation. It never took long for her to bring them up before I changed the channel. Well I don’t even amuse myself that way anymore, it is an instant channel change. She is just too much of everything and not enough of what she should be doing, showing the product. I think she is the worst host on air.
Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

I would take Jane's Honeys over the Gainiack dude smelling his boxers, cringe worthy commercial to me Smiley Tongue

Esteemed Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

Please just turn the channel when she is on or turn the sound off.  It's just her way and she is not a mean, nasty or ignorant person, so I don't think it's good to bash her.  

@AngelPuppy1 

She's hurting QVC's sales and with Q's latest financial reports thats NOT a good thing.....QVC needs to do everything possible to keep viewers engaged and watching and BUYING and having people turn the channel isnt a good solution....🤔

I will UPDATE and amend this because @AngelPuppy1  had a good point,  I dont wish to make JRT the scapegoat---- there are other hosts that are also annoying customers. ....my point is just "turning the channel" isnt going to help QVC in the long run....reducing the viewership hurts sales....

@Spurt , with remote in hand, as soon as any host starts telling her story, I'm outta there! There are many shows I am interested in and possibly making a purchase, and I leave because a host has spoiled my show. Go on, Q, not watching, not buying....

Esteemed Contributor

@Othereeeen wrote:

Forgot to mention....when I WAS trying to watch with the volume on, she was desperately trying to tag herself with a "christmas name"...I think she finally annointed herself "Jingle Janie" or some contrived iteration of "Rudy (as in Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer") and then tried to re-name David....

Too much. 

Unwatchable.

She never got over that Isaac nick named Shawn Shawnee Sue and EVEN asked him to give her a name. That's where Jackie Jane came from. Another thing we could do without is giggling, gushing telling the vendor "I love you." Give me a break.