Honored Contributor

Re: “HONEY”!!!!!! Please stop already.

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Honey, Sweetie and Doll: Terms of Endearment Don’t Belong in the Workplace

@Johnnyeager 

Im surpised with all the sensitivity in today's world that QVC allows these terms....Our company had us attend a mandatory training session on workplace harrassment it was about certain words and actions that should be avoided and could be considered "harrasmment" and "honey" was one of them....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Honey, Sweetie and Doll: Terms of Endearment Don’t Belong in the Workplace

@Johnnyeager 

Nor does JRT belong in the public workplace any longer. 

Horrible post. Just horrible.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DSD2 wrote:

Jane has been a host for many years. I believe she was responsible for (or was at least partially) bringing Jeanne Bice and Kim Gravel to QVC.

I never mind hearing about someone's family. She loves her children - is there any harm in her declaring that? She always seems to give good descriptions of what she is selling and tries to be informative.

You are entitled to your opinion but I honestly don't understand why this poor woman is continually bashed. Where is the kindness? Where is the tolerance? 

There is no need to watch if you don't care for a host. All you need to do is review the items that aired should you wish to purchase something.

@DSD2 

She loves her family and may be a nice and wonderful woman, but QVC is there to SELL merchandise and when personal stories are given priority and important  product information is missing due to time limitations---THATS A PROBLEM----She can share her stories and do all the videos she wants on her QVC Facebook Page where all her fans can enjoy them.....This is a BUSINESS the product should be the star, this isnt a personal talk show...I dont think its too much to ask for Jane to tone it down....

That's why I like Leah so much she keeps her personal business at a minimum, concentrates on giving viewers all the important info about the products in the show, and yet is personable, pleasant, and throws in a bit of fun and personality without it being over the top and not at the expense of the product details....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

QVC hosts come with all sorts of personalities.  Jane Treacy has a natural effervescence that wells up within her and then spills out.  If that is a trait that annoys you, then do not watch her.

She very likely has her faithful fans, and they enjoy hearing about her family and her love for them as she chatters about the product she is selling.  Often, Jane has persuaded me to buy something I was interested in.  Typically, she explains all that I need to know about a particular product.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

@DzneyRock  If it's so painful then why are you watching her?

@KKJ 

@DzneyRock is probably like me, I really wanted to see the show, and the merchandise and had to endure it and  ....I think even David got tired of it when he made the comment,  "now it's my turn".....

And another time he was a bit annoyed when she kept interrupting him and he was trying to give an important point about the upside down glasses and said there's only one with the kit, if you want more you need to order more than one set---an important point....it was like he had to fight to make his point known about this important detail....

I did end up muting Jane---between her honey honey honey honey and personal stories that added nothing to the presentations and her overhyping the cardinal bracelet the only way I endured the show was muting her....THAT SHOULDNT HAVE TO HAPPEN, a customer shouldnt be annoyed to that point!!!! I should be able to watch the show with both seeing it, and I SHOULD be able to hear it with a host that takes a breath and doesnt make the show about her..... I did purchase 

one item and thats only thanks to David...

I do see your point and yes JT does interrupt a lot. She's not a fave host of mine either, but it doesn't look like anything will change so I don't see the good in getting upset about it.  I actually DON'T watch her and just check items I'm interested in online from the show & order that way.  Just don't understand the constant ,  "I can't watch  her", it's painful to watch her", etc ., etc., day after day,  then whenever she's on you all WATCH her and run here to whine and complain that you can't take her.  Then don't!

Esteemed Contributor

QVC holiday shows are about the only shows I watch!  And I was so looking forward to seeing the 2022 'kick off'. 

But I was quite disappointed when I saw Jane as one of the hosts on the show.   I am sure that she is a loving, good, decent person, but she has become so difficult to watch. The use of 'honey' every two seconds was so irritating and quite unprofessional. She monopolized the show and like another poster, I thought David seemed a bit peeved after a while. 

I could not continue watching Jane's behavior, so I did turn the show off after a while. 

Valued Contributor

I work with a woman who uses those terms.  Honey, sweetie, dearie, hon......everybody.

Even on the phone to customers.  I want to deck her on a daily basis.  So inappropriate.  

Respected Contributor

Really?  I too know a lady who calls everyone "honey" or "sweetheart" . Doesn't bother or offend me a bit.  There's a lot worse things to be called.

Honored Contributor

It is like MBR saying HERE's THE THING...A bad speech habit

Trusted Contributor

@Johnnyeager

I truly think you hit the nail on the head with your comment. I don't bash hosts, but the problem with JT's presentations for me is I DONT GET THE BASIC INFORMATION I NEED.
Example: When she presented the TSV beach sweater with Kim Gravel, an upsell item was a matching tote bag. Jane went on and on and on and on about which one her daughters would choose and yada yada yada, when finally Kim G. said "please show the inside of the bag!"
Same thing with Laura Geller, who had to ask Jane and Courtney to refocus on her blush when they went off into their own private Idaho.
Same thing with Kathy Levine, who stopped the gushing and fawning and reminiscing from JT and said, "These earrings are so comfortable...." before she took over a Diamonique presentation to give carat weight and full dimensions on earrings she was selling.
I think enthusiastically presenting something is fine, but forgetting about dimensions, carat weights, color charts and measurements is inexcusable.
I cannot be the only viewer who finds it frustrating to have to sign on and go to The Q website and click on the description of a product in order to get BASIC information about a potential purchase.