Trusted Contributor

Re: “HONEY”!!!!!! Please stop already.

@Spurt
You nailed it just like @Johnnyeager. Great post!
I think it's fine for JT to show such interest in her daughters and have unbridled enthusiasm for a product, and call EVERY vendor a "dear friend," but I need BASIC INFORMATION from a show host and JT consistently forgets to give dimensions, carat weights and colors. It is soooo frustrating!
Yes, I do need to see the BACK of earrings and rings and the INSIDE of handbags before I buy something. Television is a VISUAL medium in addition to an AUDIO one, and I think Jane forgets that.
Is her goal to help her daughters get into show business? There's a place online to do that, but her job is to describe products and facilitate our purchases.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MarnieRez3 wrote:
@Spurt
You nailed it just like @Johnnyeager. Great post!
I think it's fine for JT to show such interest in her daughters and have unbridled enthusiasm for a product, and call EVERY vendor a "dear friend," but I need BASIC INFORMATION from a show host and JT consistently forgets to give dimensions, carat weights and colors. It is soooo frustrating!
Yes, I do need to see the BACK of earrings and rings and the INSIDE of handbags before I buy something. Television is a VISUAL medium in addition to an AUDIO one, and I think Jane forgets that.
Is her goal to help her daughters get into show business? There's a place online to do that, but her job is to describe products and facilitate our purchases.

@MarnieRez3 

Very well said...we shouldnt have to go to another source like the website to find info on a product when its being presented on air.....isnt the "C" in QVC supposed to be about convenience??? 🤔

One time she was presenting a Christmas garland...she said she didnt know the length of it, didnt have it written on a card, didnt ask the Producer to check, she said she could hold it up next to herself to try to judge the length but she'd have to unplug it.....and ignored it and went on to one of her personal stories.......SMH!!! That was info critical to the viewer!!!! And I'm not being mean, this is her job---- to be prepared and sell merchandise!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@Spurt
SMH! What a story!
It happens over and over...and I buy a lot for my kids and my husband on The Q and HSN.
I'm not being mean either, but I realize that the truly superb TV hosts are deliberate, meticulous EXPLAINERS. It takes time and patience to read dimensions, measure things with a ruler, coordinate camera work with a producer so you can show the inside of handbags and the back of garments, but I truly believe such diligence pays off in less returns and happier customers.
💙
Respected Contributor

David was called 'honey' so many times that it became almost embarrassing. I sensed that David wasn't thrilled by it either. He was rather subdued. Not his jolly self. I didn't watch as long as I had planned to.

However, I would never say that Jane shouldn't be a host anymore, as some have suggested. That's cruel, IMHO. She just needs to tone it down some. Those monitoring the hosts need to enlighten them about how they're coming across. 

What's needed is boundaries set for all hosts to follow. Almost all work places have such. Mine sure did. It wouldn't have to be so restrictive that they couldn't still have some fun hosting and sharing. They just need to know when to stop.

Trusted Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@Johnnyeager wrote:

Honey, Sweetie and Doll: Terms of Endearment Don’t Belong in the Workplace

@Johnnyeager 

Nor does JRT belong in the public workplace any longer. 

ITA!!! She is UNWATCHABLE - INSTANT change of channel when she is hosting. Her mention of her daughters, family, etc. is SO UNNECESSARY. 

Regular Contributor

AGREED SHE TALKS OVER EVERYBODY

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

So, you know for a fact that the reason their sales are down and that their financial reports are not good are because of her?  I'm not privy to the inside information.  Woman Wink

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Valued Contributor

I just watched the re-run of today's TSV with Jane and Martha.  Jane took a call from a viewer named Yvette who said how much she loved both Martha and Jane.  Then Yvette says "Jane can you do me a favor?  Will you say hello to your honey for me?"  

Jane freezes then the lady says David so Jane says oh you mean David Venable, my honey.  I think it took Jane by surprise but  I also think she's aware of the honey over-do.

Regular Contributor

@SeaMaiden AND Mary Beth constantly says honey too.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Between the Dollar Store offerings and the "honey" nonsense...

TOTALLY UNWATCHABLE.

And the point of not one, not two, but three QVC channels and two HSN channels is to GET PEOPLE TO WATCH.

Felt bad for David V. I agree it appeared even too much for him. 

EVERY SENTENCE. 

If you had a drink for every time, you'd be bombed in ten minutes.

Come on QVC. Making customers mute the show or go to another source to get the product information is just ridiculous.

It's overdone plain and simple. 

Products were terrible too. Can't imagine buying that stuff at ANY price, storing it til Christmas and then displaying all the hokey stuff in my home.

I turned it off due to the Honey Horrible, but I don't recall seeing ANY Sold Out banners.