Honored Contributor

Re: HLN report on churches/ Seriousness of this situation

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105402/covid-hospitalization-rates-us-by-age-group/

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 Re-read my post.  I can dance all over naked in my own home as long as I am a private space which most people's homes are. 

Governor's power = outside my front door, over my front lawn and into the great beyond.  I better be alone or with 9 other people six feet apart when I step outside.  If not, pokey time.  

Well I hope that the police are carrying tape measures with them, and are inside every grocery store to make darn tootin that people are standing six feet apart, and are not *gasp!* five and a half feet apart!

and the lines you saw, and the other people you saw in your area, did you report them to your local officials for not being six feet apart?

if not, why not?

They're criminals!

Not all of us can afford to be so cavalier about a dangerous respiratory disease that causes 1 in 20 affected people to be hospitalized and put on a ventilator. 

This is something we really don't want to catch or pass to our older relatives. If people are whining about staying home now, imagine their carrying on about wait times at the hospital. As if they should get special consideration and attention. And people with other pre existing health conditions will have to wait it out even longer--all while trying to avoid contagion.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1105402/covid-hospitalization-rates-us-by-age-group/

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 Re-read my post.  I can dance all over naked in my own home as long as I am a private space which most people's homes are. 

Governor's power = outside my front door, over my front lawn and into the great beyond.  I better be alone or with 9 other people six feet apart when I step outside.  If not, pokey time.  

Well I hope that the police are carrying tape measures with them, and are inside every grocery store to make darn tootin that people are standing six feet apart, and are not *gasp!* five and a half feet apart!

and the lines you saw, and the other people you saw in your area, did you report them to your local officials for not being six feet apart?

if not, why not?

They're criminals!

Not all of us can afford to be so cavalier about a dangerous respiratory disease that causes 1 in 20 affected people to be hospitalized and put on a ventilator. 

This is something we really don't want to catch or pass to our older relatives. If people are whining about staying home now, imagine their carrying on about wait times at the hospital. As if they should get special consideration and attention. And people with other pre existing health conditions will have to wait it out even longer--all while trying to avoid contagion.

And people who can't get chemo treatments?

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

I just saw on HLN, a story on this pandemic. They were talking about how so many churches are doing like a drive in, or online services.

Then they showed video of a church in Baton Rouge, (I think), where this past Sunday, they had over 1,000 people there and they were packed in like sardines.  God gave me a little bit of sense and I am staying away from folks. When I take stuff to my parents, I leave it on the porch. If one of them happens to be out, we yell at each other from afarSmiley Happy

I missed part of this story, but I sure thought this was illegal. Maybe the authorites are strongly suggesting not to do it. 

I mentioned it on another thread, when I have gone by Lowe's twice this week, the parking lot was full. Same thing at Tractor Supply and when I picked up my groceries at Wal Mart, they weren't hurting for in store customers either. Are some people just thinking they won't get this? I don't have underlying health issues that would affect me, but I'm over 50 and I don't want to get sick, with this or anything else. 

Also, my dh is working, and I am keeping him at a distance. He says I'm being ridiculous. Well, I don't feel ridiculous. 

@happycat 

I dont know about other churches but ours only has an online service.....thats not a good idea to have 1,000 people in close proximity to one another in a church....

As far as grocery stores....delivery services here are booked to the max, so some dont have a choice and have to shop in-store.....

Now about Lowes ....I have a friend and she and her husband live out in the country and they decided to work on their yard, so they went to Lowes to pick up some mulch and flowers......They maintained the proper distance from others, used self checkout and wiped everything down, except the flowers of course.........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

In my city some people are calling 9-1-1 to report seeing people driving on the roads!  They are calling the police to report seeing neighbors outside on their lawns, too!  I really don't think people here understand what a stay-at-home order means exactly. We've had several local news programs and special reports on TV showing our mayor and governor explaining this. But people do not listen or try to get informed.

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819    Here, due to an edict from the governor, groups of more than 5 are illegal.  The police actually broke up a large party last week-end.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

In my city some people are calling 9-1-1 to report seeing people driving on the roads!  They are calling the police to report seeing neighbors outside on their lawns, too!  I really don't think people here understand what a stay-at-home order means exactly. We've had several local news programs and special reports on TV showing our mayor and governor explaining this. But people do not listen or try to get informed.

Here in Dallas County, they set up a '211' number to call for

non-emergency violations.  And they're warning people,

don't be surprised if you see Texas National Guard vehicles/troops

out & about this weekend...or knocking on your door if you're 

one of those violators. 

Esteemed Contributor

Are the churches that are defying gathering warnings the same churches that handle snakes? Asking for a friend. 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

For the life of me I don't get the Govenors who don't have a shelter in place order or are still letting people keep non essential businesses open.

I read the mayor of Tupelo Miss had closed things but the Gov.rescinded it and sent people back to work.

Yes, it's terrible for things to be close and have people out of work but folks will die that didn't have to.

Respected Contributor

People need to distance themselves as much as possible.

There is another problem which businesses may have to deal with when they are

mandated to close and that is looting.

People are dealing with the virus, wondering how to pay bills, and hoping to still someday have a job with the company they worked. Hoping to be able to get and buy food, see a doctor and get medicines.

The small business man is worrying about his income and the business he had. In some areas he has to really think about boarding up his store.

Regretfully I believe looting will become a problem and so will crime. If the population begins wandering around at all hours the scenario is dangerous for the virus and everything else.

Super Contributor

@SilleeMee That's so ridiculous it's funny!   I hope those people have to pay the $1000 fine for misuse of 911.