Honored Contributor

Re: HLN report on churches/ Seriousness of this situation

@Anonymous032819 Re-read my post.  I can dance all over naked in my own home as long as I am a private space which most people's homes are. 

Governor's power = outside my front door, over my front lawn and into the great beyond.  I better be alone or with 9 other people six feet apart when I step outside.  If not, pokey time.  

Honored Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Our jails are actually releasing non-violent offenders to get rid of some liability and create space.  Watch your step @Alison Wonderland if you come down to Dixie.  LOL  Smiley Very Happy

I'm not worried about non-violent offenders. Let all the pot smokers go and keep the violent ones in there. Smiley Happy

@Alison Wonderland Smiley Very Happy  I love you man!  Have a cheeto!  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 Re-read my post.  I can dance all over naked in my own home as long as I am a private space which most people's homes are. 

Governor's power = outside my front door, over my front lawn and into the great beyond.  I better be alone or with 9 other people six feet apart when I step outside.  If not, pokey time.  

Well I hope that the police are carrying tape measures with them, and are inside every grocery store to make darn tootin that people are standing six feet apart, and are not *gasp!* five and a half feet apart!

and the lines you saw, and the other people you saw in your area, did you report them to your local officials for not being six feet apart?

if not, why not?

They're criminals!

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Esteemed Contributor

Wishing the coronovirus away will not make it so. People should not congregate at this point. I listen to the doctors and scientists. Despite the sacrifice, we must heed the advice of those who know, not those who feel, hunch, guess, or wish. This is not politics. It is science and medicine. We all need to sacrifice for the betterment of our country,

Honored Contributor

I'm actually still working @Anonymous032819 so I haven't had the luxury of free time to go shopping yet this week but when I do I'll be happy to do a citizen's arrest for any violators I see and post their mug shots for you.  

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Here in NJ we have the second highest number of reported cases of CV. Churches in some areas are locked. Not even open for a funeral. Some hospitals are allowing no one in for births except the mother- not even the father..

I would not know. I have been out to the ATM and to pick up food from the drive-thru window. Did not leave my car. Now I am not even doing that. Just walking the dog and walking solo as the weather allows, which has been hit or miss.

Sometimes it's not all about us. We would all do well to listen to those who are trying to help us. If schools, businesses and most houses of worship are closed with no end in sight, how much more serious must things get for people to understand the gravity of the situation? Plus, you and your family can certainly pray at home or view services online or even on TV. C'mon.

So apparently you didn't see the story about the town in NJ that felt the rules didn't apply to  them?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

I'm actually still working @Anonymous032819 so I haven't had the luxury of free time to go shopping yet this week but when I do I'll be happy to do a citizen's arrest for any violators I see and post their mug shots for you.  

I'll be waiting for that.

Be sure to take your tape measure with you 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

Well I hope that the police are carrying tape measures with them, and are inside every grocery store to make darn tootin that people are standing six feet apart, and are not *gasp!* five and a half feet apart!

and the lines you saw, and the other people you saw in your area, did you report them to your local officials for not being six feet apart?

if not, why not?

They're criminals!

Not all of us can afford to be so cavalier about a dangerous respiratory disease that causes 1 in 20 affected people to be hospitalized and put on a ventilator. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

if not, why not?

They're criminals!

Not all of us can afford to be so cavalier about a dangerous respiratory disease that causes 1 in 20 affected people to be hospitalized and put on a ventilator. 

1 in 20 people who have the virus are on a ventilator???  Citation please.

Honored Contributor

@happycat -

You are not being ridiculous. You are being smart!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"