Respected Contributor

Re: HLN report on churches/ Seriousness of this situation

Up to $250 fine in Wisconsin. Read that in our rural newspaper as per Govenor statement. I doubt a lot of that will happen but could?

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops 

@millieshops wrote:

@happycatRidiculous?   Not in my thinking.

I find myself quite happy to be alone right now.  I know what I've cleaned and I know where I've been in the last 14 days..  That's the extent of the control we have as individuals.

I'm not shopping for anything except food, meds, and maybe gasoline unless an emergency arises until the curve in my area is flattening.  Right now, we're on a steep rise and that's with virtually no testing being started or finishing -  even tests done on hospitalized, seriously ill patients in my county are not being returned.  In today's paper is the story of one patient so ill she's in an induced coma and her test is 12 days old now with no results yet.  

Do I feel safe?  Not at all. 

Me too.  Home two weeks tomorrow.  Sons going shopping if I need anything. 

I walk the dog and yesterday we took a ride around town, just to keep the car working.  She loved sticking her head out the window.  She is bored

I have always read the bible and have not stopped.  Not getting religious, just stated a thing I have always done.  Good book, especially now.  It,s ok if someone doesn,t believe it, I happen too.  Whatever helps a person.

Super Contributor

Churches here have all gone online.  But what bothers me is the total lack of social distancing going on at places like grocery stores and Costco.

I have avoided Costco but the other day I heard there was a 1/4 mile line of people waiting to get in, and then the place was mobbed once they got in.

Today I was forced to go to my local Kroger.  I wore a mask and was super careful but it was crowded and no one around me cared how close they were to others. Except for the more bare shelves you'd never know there was a "stay at home" rule.

Respected Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

There is no federal mandate but there are many state and local orders regarding that.   NM is under a stay at home order and Santa Fe issued it's own SAH order.   I just read yesterday that they haven't been really enforcing it much but are going to start to.  They will begin stopping cars and asking where they are going and why.  If they see groups of people walking or in a park, they will investigate.  At some point they will issue fines.  

Respected Contributor

@jeanlake wrote:

Are the churches that are defying gathering warnings the same churches that handle snakes? Asking for a friend. 

@jeanlake, thanks for the chuckle!  During these times we need little laughs and a little humor wherever we can find it.  Heart

* Freedom has a taste the protected will never know *
Honored Contributor

Our Mayor is FURIOUS....he said nothing wrong about individuals going to the park getting exercise BUT maintaining appropriate distances.  HOWEVER, he was furious of hearing reports of people playing pickup basketball.....even the NBA and colleges have suspended play....people need to follow the guidelines!!!!  I know they sent out police patrol cars....but they are managing to defy them....SMH.

Went to Walgreens no crowds or lines...but they did have places outside and in the checkout line to designate the proper distance to be away from one another entering and checking out....Walgreens was fully stocked with essentials, if you havent been able to find milk---try Walgreens---they had some frozen food too. But cleaning products were sold out ----those shelves were bare.....as were paper products...

BTW plenty of Easter candy, chips, and snacks too....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”