Super Contributor

Re: HILARIOUS version from SNL: what REALLY happened during that Jay-Z/Solange elevator exchange

It was clever and hilarious. Maya was really the best part as Beyonce. Loved her line that she woke up and found the "vidya" of them and she said "Uh oh uh oh uh oh, no no no!* And they kept the fan blowing in her hair the whole time. It was just too funny!

I am looking forward to Maya's variety show, she is such a clever comedian and actress and I can see it being good family entertainment like the Carol Burnett Show was when I was growing up.

Honored Contributor

Re: HILARIOUS version from SNL: what REALLY happened during that Jay-Z/Solange elevator exchange

I set my DVR to record all of Maya's shows. She is just hilarious.

Super Contributor

On 5/19/2014 Wsmom said:

I look forward to Maya's show tonight. Sidenote, did you guys know she's Minnie Riperton's daughter, a singer from the '70s? The song I remember her from is "Lovin' You".

Looooovin' yoooou is easy 'cuz your beautiful...la la la la la, la la la la la, oooohhh oooohhh oooohhh ooohh oooh! Hated that song!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

And no I didn't know she was her daughter, who is her father?

Honored Contributor

Props must be given to the bodyguard part in this skit, the way he jumped in every time Solange raised so much as a finger and then he choked/gagged when they said they've never had a rift. HAHAHA

The security guard part also, caught on camera digging, kissing and break dancing was funny, too.

But Maya playing Beyoncé was hiss ster i cal !!!

Hope Bey has a sense of humor about herself.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

On 5/19/2014 ive been framed said:
On 5/19/2014 Wsmom said:

I look forward to Maya's show tonight. Sidenote, did you guys know she's Minnie Riperton's daughter, a singer from the '70s? The song I remember her from is "Lovin' You".

Looooovin' yoooou is easy 'cuz your beautiful...la la la la la, la la la la la, oooohhh oooohhh oooohhh ooohh oooh! Hated that song!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I didn't know this either!

Minnie Riperton, Phoebe Snow and whoever sang Muskrat Love....ugh!

Trusted Contributor

I just watched it a bit ago. Funny!

I still wonder WHAT that was all about!

Signed,

a nosy person. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Respected Contributor

On 5/19/2014 brii said:

I set my DVR to record all of Maya's shows. She is just hilarious.

I've liked all the movies she's been in, too.

Super Contributor

On 5/19/2014 Lucky Charm said:

Props must be given to the bodyguard part in this skit, the way he jumped in every time Solange raised so much as a finger and then he choked/gagged when they said they've never had a rift. HAHAHA

The security guard part also, caught on camera digging, kissing and break dancing was funny, too.

But Maya playing Beyoncé was hiss ster i cal !!!

Hope Bey has a sense of humor about herself.{#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Kenan Thompson played the role of the bodyguard, he is a regular on SNL and is totally fabulous. He plays so many different characters and really is a brilliant comedian.

You should watch this skit they did earlier in the season, he is playing the role of Steve Harvey hosting "Family Feud" but it was a week when they had Justin Timberlake on, as well as Jimmy Fallon. Jimmy and Justin are good friends in real life, and Justin did a spoof of impersonating Jimmy in the skit. Jimmy couldn't hold it together and at one point you can see him duck down behind the stand and just crack up. It was really funny. I can only imagine the fun they have doing that show, but Kenan is great! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sn3r3QZ0asE

Honored Contributor

On 5/19/2014 ive been framed said:
On 5/19/2014 Wsmom said:

Richard Rudolph

She and Gwyneth Paltrow were friends from high school.

Watching her do Beyonce, puts that whole Queen B thing in perspective. She really is very full of herself.

Honored Contributor

Maya's impression of Oprah is hilarious.