Honored Contributor

HGTV- Flip or Flop- anyone watch?

My husband and I enjoy this show. It's on Thursday nights. 

I get a laugh out of it though. Near the end of each episode, they hold an open house and I think it comes across as so fake and scripted and I laugh every time. They put the open house sign out. Like two families walk in, kids in tow and just ooh and aah.  I look at my husband and say "here come the fake open house people!" 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Re: HGTV- Flip or Flop- anyone watch?

@gidgetgh  ITA Ha!!

and all the drama when they have an "unexpected" experience!  Come on, didn't that happen on last purchase & the last one & the last one......

I just can't watch that or "Love it or List it"

Trusted Contributor

I have not watched this one but believe they are all scripted.  My hairdresser's neighbor was asked to participate in that house hunters international -- one of the husband's relatives is a producer there, or something.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love that show They seem like such a cute couple

She posts on FB the location of their open houses. I'm sure people show up just to get on the show. Lol

Trusted Contributor

i simply can't watch that show because my ears can't stand that woman's voice! lol! my favorites are fixer upper, property brothers, and the ones that fix up and sell their flea market finds. I can't recall the show titles. 

Honored Contributor

@Mary Bailey wrote:

@gidgetgh  ITA Ha!!

and all the drama when they have an "unexpected" experience!  Come on, didn't that happen on last purchase & the last one & the last one......

I just can't watch that or "Love it or List it"

@Mary Bailey- we can't believe some of the houses they buy. "Only" $400,000 with major foundation issues.  I wouldn't pay a dime. 

Super Contributor

I used to like that show until EVERY single open house they had was staged the same way:

-blue and brown decor colors

-pillows with the karate chop in the middle

-orange decor (pillows, vases....)

-rugs with quadrafoil design

-black dining tables

-fake orchids

It doesn't matter if the house is more on the traditional side or modern side, the stagers use the same formula each time.  SO boring and so uninspiring.

And don't get me started on Christina, the wife.....could she talk any faster?  she is a classic example of the California Valley Girl. 

Honored Contributor

@chi5925 wrote:

I used to like that show until EVERY single open house they had was staged the same way:

-blue and brown decor colors

-pillows with the karate chop in the middle

-orange decor (pillows, vases....)

-rugs with quadrafoil design

-black dining tables

-fake orchids

It doesn't matter if the house is more on the traditional side or modern side, the stagers use the same formula each time.  SO boring and so uninspiring.

And don't get me started on Christina, the wife.....could she talk any faster?  she is a classic example of the California Valley Girl. 

@chi5925- I can't get over that they pay thousands of dollars just to stage it. Waste of money to me. If I were buying it, I wouldn't want the nail holes in the walls. 

Respected Contributor

In the beginning, they weren't staging the houses.  I think they sell for more when they're staged. 

Honored Contributor

I've gotten so sick of the endless parade of real estate shows on HGTV, I don't like any of them.  Never watch that channel anymore...boring and predictable.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment