Valued Contributor

HEY! HOW ABOUT WE CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN WITH THE Q FOR 32 YEARS!!

WHY DON'T WE GET $32 CREDIT TOWARD A PURCHASE??? YOU GIVE IT TO NEW CREDIT CARD PEOPLE? WHY NOT REWARD YOUR "OLD" CUSTOMERS FOR STILL BEING HERE!!!! I could use $32 my purchase! How about you?

Honored Contributor

Re: HEY! HOW ABOUT WE CUSTOMERS THAT HAVE BEEN WITH THE Q FOR 32 YEARS!!

@sipp,

Totally agree with you, what about the originals? We would appreciate the 32.00! We have been very loyal customers!

Honored Contributor

@meallen616 @sipp

Agree, treat your existing customers well.

Honored Contributor

Same with DirecTV - always offering incredible deals to new customers, while raising the fees for those of us who've been with them for years (I guess to pay for the newbies).

It's irritating beyond belief.  I have to laugh though - DirecTV used to give a $5 credit to long-time customers once a year (big whoop).  Now we don't even get that!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Same with AT&T (Or Bell South).  I've had wireless service with them since February 2, 1980.  And today they give new subscribers free phones, discounts, etc. But for me?  Nothing.  If I didn't have more than one line with them, I would change every year and get the freebies and discounts.  Why be loyal when you can benefit from changing back and forth?

I've been with QVC since they were CVN.  And what perks have they given me?  I'll be back if and when I can think of something.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree with the OP (and others).  There have been many times (with various items/things, not just QVC) where new customers get the reward (whatever it is).

Just recently XM radio wanted to charge me $300 to re-up my subscription.  

I called them and and said, "CANCEL THE WHOLE THING" (not yelling, but you get the idea).

I said, "not only do I pay a subscription but I pay for a friend for a year as a Christmas gift.....this is how you reward me?  I don't think so".

Well, long story short.  When she came back she said, "OK, well it will be $100 for the year, no limit on stations".  I said, "That's more like it.  But it's too bad I had to call and complain before I got the better price".

I remember my dentist complaining a few months ago because XM radio had automatically charged him over $300 for a years subscription.  His wife paid it.  He was very upset.  He also pays for 2 subscriptions.

It's terrible these days that loyalty, on time payments, etc are no longer acknowledged.  Just a sign of the times, I guess.

I forgot to add if any of you saw all of the 'stuff' I buy from QVC you'd call me a @#$% fool (and you'd be right).  But I don't get any kind of recognition for my loyalty either.

I remember way back people used to get gift cards and discounts for their loyalty.....not any more.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66- I had a similar thing with SiriusXM.  I only have it in my truck because it came with a free six-month subscription.  When that ended, they offered me a year for $100 and I accepted.

After that year ended, they suddenly wanted a huge increase and I said no.  They wouldn't budge, so I cancelled.  After another six months went by, during which they kept trying to get me to sign up for 3 or 6 month deals, after which the price would skyrocket again, they finally asked me why I wasn't interested and I told them:  I don't listen to it often enough to be worth what they wanted.  At $100 a year, yes.  Otherwise, no; but they said they didn't "have that deal available" at that time.

Lo and behold, a month later they suddenly had this "special offer" - $100!  I've signed back up, but I will cancel again when this runs out.

I think we all get tired of the silly games these companies play with their customers.

Honored Contributor

I'll just take another free shipping day.  It's about the same amount.  

Respected Contributor

Spectrum doesnt offer anything for customers who pay in full and on time for years.

Not feelin'the love.

Honored Contributor

How about 10% off one day a year for Q customers?