Honored Contributor

I think people that do this type of thing have some sort of mental disorder. Anyone that knows anyone with a mental disability knows how hard it is too get help for them. If the laws did not make it so hard to help these people maybe they would get the help they need & it would cut down on some of these shootings.

Super Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I don't understand what is going on.  Why are there so many of these active shooter situations lately?  People could always buy guns but there have been so many violent incidents lately.  I wonder why?

Because they get what they want - media attention. Very very sad... Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

The situation is still fluid and there are various takes and stories going around.  More info will come to light a while later.

Looks to me like there's a couple of kooks out there and our LAPD is on heightened alert here. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Regular Contributor

Even one human life lost is tragic, but I fear the numbers are going to be huge. I have never prayed so hard to be wrong.

Honored Contributor

@Winkk wrote:

I don't understand what is going on.  Why are there so many of these active shooter situations lately?  People could always buy guns but there have been so many violent incidents lately.  I wonder why?

Because they can get away with it.  And because we can't/don't stop gang bangers and their drive-bys and wars. . . And because people don't usually have guns in the workplace, so they can pop people until they run out of ammo.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Winkk wrote:

Because they can get away with it.  And because we can't/don't stop gang bangers and their drive-bys and wars. . . And because people don't usually have guns in the workplace, so they can pop people until they run out of ammo.

Huh? None of the shooters have been gang-bangers.  They have been domestic terrorists and some were mentally ill.  The most recent, 57 year old man, was definitely not a gang member.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@ShowMe wrote:

They believe the 3 shooters have left the area in a black SUV. 

What I don't understand is why would they go to a place of business such as this where people are so helpless???? 

Stuff is happening there so fast, the news folks are having a hard time keeping up with it. 

Now a robot is going to detonate a device......

I will call the "T" word on this one.

@Plaid Pants2

I call "T" on this, as well.

Random "soft" target with no rhyme or reason....with heavily armed, VERY well orchestrated shooters.   This might be the MO going forward. 

Honored Contributor

Gang bangers shoot each other.

The Boston killers, people shooting up schools for years, the PP attack, the psychiatrist who shot military people...

NOT A ONE of them were gang bangers.  There is no way anyone can blame domestic terrorism on gangs.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

This is unbelievable and terrible and I can't believe this has happened AGAIN.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Seems like this was planned out and that doesn't sound good.  Attackers in military style garb.  How can folks be so unhappy unless .....................................................

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust