Respected Contributor

Just got an e-mail telling me that my Amazon account had been suspended.  Told me to "sign in" to verify my account.  Gave me a link to click on.

TRASHED IT!

Honored Contributor

@Cats3000  I hesitate to click/open most emails and on my cell, unless a name appears that I know, I don't answer  that either.

Honored Contributor

I got it also, dumped it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I get those notifications for my "Facebook" account.  I do not have a Facebook account.  Delete!

Trusted Contributor

Yup automatic delete

I get them from Paypal and Apple too.  Delete

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000  I got the same and did the same.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Regular Contributor

I have been getting those claiming they are from Amazon about once a month, for at least 6 months.  Amazon wants people to forward them to stop-spoofing@amazon.com

Valued Contributor

@Cats3000 Two years ago we went through a nightmare with Amazom. I went to my page online at Amazon (it had my name on it and everything), and there was nothing unusual about the way it looked. It had an 800 number across the top and it said to call it concerning my account. I called it and they told me there was a security issue with my account. They asked a few questions which sounded legit, got into my computer and before I knew it they were in control of it. I immediately unplugged and shut down my computer and called an Amazon number my husband had. Amazon said this fraud was known to them and they knew that this scam group had been able to have their identical page usurp Amazon's real page. I got the impression Amazon didn't much care. Bottom line I had to shut down all credit cards, close all bank accounts and change all passwords. Huge mess, and it was a very sophisticated scam. I even bought a new computer. I don't trust anything online now. Be careful!!

Respected Contributor

@furbabylover 

I completely understand your mistrust. It can really cause problems on our devices. I am so suspicious now, that I delete when I shouldn't.  I never take chances.

Contributor

Appreciate the warning.